Strange Msn Messenger behavior...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Howling Wolf, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

I'm using Msn Messenger 6.1.0207. It's been acting strangely for a few weeks now: when I turn on my pc in the morning and there's one or more messages waiting for me, I clic on the warning box to go to my Inbox, I open the message( s ) and of course it appear as read afterwards in my Inbox; the problem is that Msn Messenger still claims there's unread messages waiting for me, but that's not true !
    Only thing I found: sign out, and sign in again, and it doesn't show any new email, until a true new one actually arrives, and same thing happens again,...

Anyone xp-erienced this or know anything about it ?
    Thank you in advance, it's annoying me a little...

2. Hsn

Hsn King

Well, I am experiencing this problem but it doesn't seem to bother me that much because I rarely use MSN. I usually check my mail by logging in through the hotmail site. Does it really annoy you that much?

3. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

strange problem. I use Windows messenger and this doesnt happen. I use Outlook express for hotmail email.

4. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

I also use OE for Hotmail (back from 1999), but only to store the messages in a dedicated folder in order to free space in my Inbox ;)

5. Graebob

Graebob Generally Random

cheeky, i like it it :D

6. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

You have the latest version of msn? Microsoft just updated it other day due to secerity problem.

7. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

it's happening to me since i upgraded to the latest version dammit :(

8. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

CNN has the story about problem here though not much info is given other then it was an internal problem at Microsoft.