strange lines

O

osumarc

Hello all, could use a little input. I have been noticing strange little lines that seem to flash in and out when i play games and such. I do not notice it when just in windows, but have noticed playing direct 3d games and open gl games, namely quake 3 engine games. It almost is as if the refresh rate is low or something. but i have it set at 85 which is what I have always used. I don't know if maybe it is some sort of driver issue. I hope my monitor is not going although it is a little old. I have geforce 3, and am using the newest official detonator drivers. I am of course running xp. its not a major thing, but its one of those things that once you notice it you can't take your eyes off of it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Well, it sounds like a Graphics Card problem...In the past I have had similar problems. In my case it was because the card was not properly grounded....

hmmm, how would I go about fixing that

don't know if that is the problem or not. i have an alienware system, so I didn't build it myself. What would I do to find out if this is the case?

Where is the system located? On Carpet, or in a desk etc. If it's on carpet it might be the static electricity...try rasing it up on a desk or other wood platform. If that is not availabe, try rubbing anti-static dryer sheets on the carpet under where the computer sits.

when you say you have the refresh rate set at 85hz...did you use the refresh rate fix for your new nvidia drivers? because if not your refresh rate is actually 60 and not 85 even though thats what the monitor is set at.

Also is your card overclocked in anyway?

were is this refresh rate fix, and what drivers is it for

:rolleyes:

don't think it is a refresh rate or grounding issue

my computer sits inside my desk on a wood pedestal, probably 2 inches above carpet. so I doubt its a grounding issue. as for refresh rate, I went back and am using the detonator 23.11's. I think at least in MOHAA things have gotten a little better. haven't really tried any other games yet. how do you check your frame rate within the game? Other than that I don't have any clue what the problem is. i have noticed it heavier on the left side if the monitor? who knows.

try this

go into ur graphics card control panel and make sure you have vsync on for both d3d and open gl, this should fix it.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back