STOP errors

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Marco, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Marco

Marco Guest

Hi guys
    I have been getting quite a few stop errors recently, most notably the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but also MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. Numerous error codes inc 0x0000000, 0x0000074, 0x0000003, 0x0000002, 0x0000014c, 0x000000a, 0x0000017 and 805E74A1. I have recently reinstalled XP (not formatted though) and have tried various video drivers, i have Norton av 2002 and Sygate personal firewall v4.2 installed also. Would any of these apps cause problems?

Asus A7A 266-E
    Athlon XP 1700+
    Asus v7100 pro GeForce 2 MX 400 64MB 23.12 dets at present
    WD 60GB HDD
    XP home ed
    512 MB PC2100 DDR ram (unsure of make)

I have had the computer back to the manufacturer on 3 occasions and twice they swapped out the RAM, so i am not entirely convinced the RAM is at fault.
    Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.
  2. KooLLaiD

KooLLaiD Guest

I am also getting the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL " errors, on 3 occasions, each time was either with IE or trying to run a windows media player file.. I have not added any new hw or anything. I am on the Verge of formatting and reinstalling..
  3. Marco

Marco Guest

Me too!
    I tried a couple of things last night and ended up getting the Windows\system32\config\system file not found error when booting up. Tried to fix it with a solution from someone on the MS community help forum but it f.....d up my system totally. Gonna have to format now i guess. Cannot think of anything else to try, shame as i was on the last level of Medal of Honour and i didn't back up. Mofo.
  4. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Flashed ur bios yet?

if not... do so now =P
  5. Marco

Marco Guest

Flash the bios before i reinstall?
    I think that would make sense