Steve Irwin, of Crocodile Hunter fame, dead

I think he was alive, albeit barely, when they pulled him out of the water. That didn't last too long though.

a wound to the heart would mean considerable blood loss.. drop in blood pressure. he would have passed out in under 10 seconds.

Sad news. I really liked this guy. He did some great work.

Tis a shame. I'm sure he will be missed.

My sister didn't believe me when I told her, I had to show here the link in the first post.

Hope he's in a better place.

yea my friend on msn had her name dealing with that and I didn't believe it. Then I went and checked my daily Digg news and there it was, I was like OMG!!!!

I never liked the way he taunted and provoked animals but it was a shock when I heard this on the news yesterday morning :(

I heard on the radio this morning they have the whole thing on tape. Wonder how long until that surfaces.

RIP - you will be sadly missed.

If only the world had more great characters like him :(

Well, I won't miss him. SORRY INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCE
Having worked with Crocs myself - I didn't like the way he treated the animals. It gave people the impression they could do that themselves!
Don't laugh - a couple of young guys tried to steal five 1.5 meter Crocs from our park one night. One of them nearly lost his hand!
You'd be surprised how fast they can move on the land!

That's like saying that someone got hurt trying to imitate some martial arts film they saw. Some people are impressionable, others are not, then some people are plain stupid.

Having worked with Crocs myself - I didn't like the way he treated the animals. It gave people the impression they could do that themselves!
Don't laugh - a couple of young guys tried to steal five 1.5 meter Crocs from our park one night. One of them nearly lost his hand!
Are you serious?
You dont feel sad that a legend died because some idiots attempted something?

He said that he loved and took care of the animals, and i believe it.

Rest In Peace Steve.

Are you serious?
You dont feel sad that a legend died because some idiots attempted something?

He said that he loved and took care of the animals, and i believe it.

Rest In Peace Steve.

Preach it, brother.

Isn't imitation considered the highest form of flattery?

a wound to the heart would mean considerable blood loss.. drop in blood pressure. he would have passed out in under 10 seconds.

Sad news. I really liked this guy. He did some great work.

They said he was fine until he pulled the barb out, then he had a massive loss of blood, and blood pressure (from the loss of blood), and then died because of a heart attack...

So Sad, he might still be with us, if he had just left the barb in... :cry:

So you are more of an animal expert and conservationist, and have helped the animals HOW again? Just because you have worked with crocs doesnt make you an expert, he grew up handling the creatures, and saved many more than were ever injured...
Like your parents probably told you:
"If you have nothing good to say, dont say anything at all"

*points at the person with the big mouth*

Last edited:
Man, people are already making jokes:

http://qdb.us/66025
<xevious> hey did you guys hear that they are recalling all of steve irwins sunscreen line?
<Rofflecop> WHY?
<xevious> apparently it doesnt protect against deadly rays
Comment: #lsg [efnet]

edited by electronic punk: added spoiler tags just so people are aware that this joke is of course in bad taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back