StatBar, Gone?!

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
As many of you know the program Statbar, a popular system monitoring application. But it seems like the develpoers have disappeared! A recent update check fails, links to there webiste as well as their mirror, gone. Anyone know what happened to them?

Well, if you consider "working" to mean that it's responding, then yes. However both pages are those "buy this domain" pages that companies setup. Seems like both are completely gone..

perhaps Comcast's DNS is just jacked? Every single time I've checked that site, I get this.. (one pic for each site)

Attachments

• shockmedia .jpg
    shockmedia .jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 73
  • statbar.jpg
    statbar.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 85
Yea, that is the same thing I get.

And of course I just tried it again and it went through, then tried again and i got the 404 holding page. I think their host is having some issues.

Still works for me, and as usual they have'nt updated it in over a year ... Looks like they gave up on it ..

Developer's notes:
May 23, 2004
A lot of people have been asking me lately if StatBar's development has been stopped. I know it's been a while since the latest version was released, but at the moment I simply don't have the time to do any serious work on the program. Development has certainly not been discontinued. New versions will be released, just be patient for a little while
August 21, 2004

What is written on site.

But when you look at programs, people don't want updates every five years dude .. About every six months should be the normal, maybe if he would turn it into shareware he would be able to spend more time on it ..

Johnny said:
But when you look at programs, people don't want updates every five years dude .. About every six months should be the normal, maybe if he would turn it into shareware he would be able to spend more time on it ..
Maybe, but some ppl do make these programs as a side hobby, and have a another 9-5. If I had paid money for the program (granted I did send a donation as my way of saying thanks) then I would be more interested or affected. But as it is a free program, works good, with more stuff than I can use, who are we to complain.

If you want a program that is updated every 6 months, then buy one.

I just want a program to be stable and do what it's supposed to. I don't care how much, or when it is updated.

btw, I'm also using Comcast.

dreamliner77 said:
I just want a program to be stable and do what it's supposed to. I don't care how much, or when it is updated.

btw, I'm also using Comcast.
Do you have issues with statbar? I have been using it for over a year now with no problems.

Always rock solid for me. The only update I wouldn't mind seeing is the addition for foobar2000 controls.

For me StatBar has always been stable. It's been awhile since there was an update, yes, but since I've had no issues an update really doesn't mean anything to me.

As for the website... it never disappeared to me. I generally check for updates on a fairly regular basis and it never errored.

rotjong

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back