Startup trouble

Zedric

NTFS Guru
I'm running sqlgrey as greyfiltering for a OS X Server mail server. I've set it to start automatically on bootup since it's needed for any mail to be received at all. I've listed MySQL in the StartupParameters.plist as it's needed for the grey/whitelist data.

The problem is, when the machine is rebooted, sqlgrey complains that it can't connect to the MySQL server, as it isn't started. If I start it manually afterwards, it works fine. It seems OS X doesn't wait for MySQL to be started before starting sqlgrey even though I told it to.

StartupParameters.plist:
Code:
{
  Description     = "Greylisting service for mail";
  Provides        = ("Greylisting");
  Requires = ("Network", "MySQL");
  Messages =
  {
    start = "Starting greylisting service";
    stop  = "Stopping greylisting service";
  };
}

Any ideas? Does OS X only wait until it has triggered MySQL to start instead of letting it start all the way?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back