startup problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tuffgong4, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

Every single time I turn my computer on I get a error that says
    : system cannot find file...It doesn't say what file just that it can't find file. I uninstalled Limewire a couple of days ago because I'm stuck on a 56k dial up so I can't download anything worthwhile. I have a feeling it has something to do with that. it's still in the add/remove programs but I uninstalled it. I have no idea how to get rid of it manually! I'm perplexed :confused:

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

3. Eolis

Eolis Guest

.......or just delete any instance of Limewire from the registry......

4. Tuffgong4

thanks guys I'll give it a try

5. Tuffgong4

well the problem at startup went away ( idon't know how I did it with System Mechanic) but it's gone the only thing is I tried getting rid of Limewire 2.4.3 out of the add remove programs but it won' t leave...

6. Tuffgong4

I've tried everything to get Limewire 2.4.3 out of the add remove programs...I tried system mechanic, my registry, and Tweak ui. I cannot find a way to reinstall it because the new version is out and I can't find the old version. I have tried everything and I'm getting very ver frustrated...please please please help!!!!!!!!
    :( :mad: :confused:

7. clyde

clyde Guest

Here is where you will find the culprit. Just go to the following registry key, and delete Limewire

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Hope this helps

8. Tuffgong4

thanks for the help but I looked there and I can't find anything that says Limewire or anything to do with Limewire... in the same place under the Installshield Uninstall Information there is a weird folder that is titled 457BA...and a long string of numbers and letters...(is this Normal?) Again thanks for the help this is my first post and I'm getting a lot of help...

9. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

tuffgong 4 try the program Add & Remove plus!

It can easily remove programs from your computer and delete the entries in the windows controlpanel add and remove programs.

have a look a www.aurelitec.com

10. Tuffgong4

thanks guys for all of your help...it didn't come up with addremove plus so i restored to an earlier point and tried addremove again and that got it...so thanks again...elvis has left the building!!!!!!

11. Tuffgong4

addremove plus that is!