Starting up problem

Discussion in 'Linux & BSD' started by zapoqx, Mar 10, 2006.

1. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

My server suffered an unfortunate loss on the power supply.

That being said, I replaced the power supply and got it started up. However, I can't get Ubuntu linux to start up because it keeps stopping at Configuring Network Interface and it won't configure.

*sigh* Since I still don't know enough, I was wondering if the System Recovery mode in the menu selection will work and if not, tell me what will.

Thanks

2. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

You need to get your DHCP server up, and make sure it is available, otherwise it should time out and finish booting anyways.

3. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

In this case, I tried unplugging the connection to my router and it finished booting up. So when I put it back in and had it to re-connect to the router, it locked up. So I had to disconnected the plug again. It worked. So When I reconnected the plug, it had no problem and found the internet and all. Like nothin. What is goin on?

4. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

I have no clue, it should not lock up.

5. zapoqx

zapoqx Striking Master

I am having trouble with connecting to my desktop machine now over the lan. I am thinking it was because of the settings I had that I don't think I put there in the first place that saying this is a WINS Server. Could that be it?