standby issues

Re: vista power saver standby

well - temperatures and fans aside I have enabled hybrid sleep - and I am almost certain I shall not be hearing the fan any more! (We have 34oF here anyway - so there should be few cooling issues!) more like heating me issues!

still insomniac :0 been through all advanced checks I can find and BIOS now - is it firmware disabled? Not good in a lappie.... :(

What model/manufacturer is your computer?

What model/manufacturer is your computer?
It's a bit obscure - ACI Matrix 1500 (T7200 jobbie)
[edit] despite linkies claimed suspend options I was at the bleeding edge with this thing two years ago and bought it preloaded with Xp and vista voucher, foreign keyboard (now changed and firmware upgraded to get all chars) so this is likely the problem - I was on first name terms with their UK tech support at some point and was the first to find the FN keys did not work (hence firmware thing)[/edit]
[edit]BTW this is an ASUS variation - the intel chipset inside tells me so.

Last edited:

OK - it seems there remain a BIOS and a CHIPSET flash which I think i ought to try for this - since I get nervous on these would anyone care to say if they believe it is more likely to be one, the other, or both? I want to flash the least I need to get this to work, but i do want it to work before I invest in a new battery to go mobile with!
SOOOooo if a kindly mod would like to the thread title and forum need to be hardware - maybe - almost certainly NOT a VISTA issue!

OK - it seems there remain a BIOS and a CHIPSET flash which I think i ought to try for this - since I get nervous on these would anyone care to say if they believe it is more likely to be one, the other, or both? I want to flash the least I need to get this to work, but i do want it to work before I invest in a new battery to go mobile with!
SOOOooo if a kindly mod would like to the thread title and forum need to be hardware - maybe - almost certainly NOT a VISTA issue!
I think it's the bios

I think it's the bios

well - yes and no - it is UNDER the bios in the firmware for ACPI - I have updated ALL chipset to latest and done the ACPI drivers - all to no avail!

This is the computer that will never sleep! And I am ordering a new LiOn cell - so it would have been nice - never mind, I seem to have to give up here!

Just as I am about to give up I get new cells for the laptop and charge them up then test. Lo and behold, sleep seems to work when there is NO POWER applied, yet as soon as I have the thing plugged in it no longer operates. I hope I can keep this battery in tip top condition, because it is rather nice to have two hours or more battery life! :cool:

Didn't read the whole thread but I have had this issue, luckily for me Aprox had the brilliant idea to check the WOL status of my network device. Here is a screenie of my problem. make sure to shutdown any WoL options on your networks adapters, wired and wireless

Attachments

• wakeonlan.jpg
    wakeonlan.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 91
- it now seems (since I got a new battery) that the lappie DOES got to SLEEP if it is on battery - but ONLY on battery.

Am I being thick here? :dead: Or is it the lateness of the hour?

anyone care to shed some light? Meanwhile I myself must indeed... go.. to... sleep! :yowch:

[edit] damn I was tired - double posted on that around Zekes reply, which I am now going to check out, sounds highly possible for me [/edit]

Last edited:
Didn't read the whole thread but I have had this issue, luckily for me Aprox had the brilliant idea to check the WOL status of my network device. Here is a screenie of my problem. make sure to shutdown any WoL options on your networks adapters, wired and wireless
HMMmmm sounds probably cause - set wifi card to max power savings (from disabled ad-hoc power savings) and we have same nic - so changed mine to none too...

now we'll see (not going to test specifically as very busy, but in time there should be the chance for sleeping on power)...

Repped you anyway - think you may have it!

- it now seems (since I got a new battery) that the lappie DOES got to SLEEP if it is on battery - but ONLY on battery.

There should be different sleep power setting for battery and when plugged in so you have to set all of them.

This much I do know and understand - I have actually tried setting the plugged in standby to one minute to test this - I shall do so now - it does NOT do anything after the minute - that is the whole point of the whole thread!

[EDIT] 2 minutes later.... nope - still borked! I think this thread will live forever as one to show that if the powerconfig output shows no S3 setting then sleep is impossible! What bugs me is manufacture website has BIOS and chipset flashed and STILL my firmware is screwed - plus my supplier of the hardware can only point me to that driver page! What I want at this stage is someone who hacks frimware who could fix the sleep setting, fer chrissake it is only a bit to flip somewhere!... [/EDIT]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back