Stand-alone dvdplayer on computer monitor?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by G-Lizard86, Feb 12, 2003.

1. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

Hey you guys, i've got a stand-alone dvd player from jvc (XV-523), and since my parents have nicked my television from me, i'm not able to play dvd's anymore, so my first question is how do i connect my dvd player either straight to, or via my pc to the monitor, and are there different options for doing this, or is it totally not possible.

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I should imagine this is possible, you'd just need a scart to Monitor cable (can't remember the correct name) adapter.
    You would also need a seperate amplifier and speakers for the sound too.

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Couldn't you use VIVO, if your video card has that option? Then plug the sound into your sound card?

4. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

Well the dvd player is part of a set, together with a reciever for the sound ofcourse, i haven't got vivo on my videocard...but i'm gonna buy a tvcard soon...is that gonna work? and which one should i get..? i want one wit a remote for sure...

5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I watch TV like this.

I got a VCR on my desk, with inputs. I connect whatever to it, cable from TV, video game sys, DVD, and then from video out, I run a yellow wire from my sound card to the VCR, and use VIVO for viewing on the PC, with a small proggie called TV viewer. I need a vivo viewer still. :confused: :p

6. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

I may be stupid, but could someone explain VIVO to me. I've seen it come up before but never really looked into it.

7. ironguy

ironguy Guest

It might be cheaper...

It might be cheaper to get a dvd player for your PC than to buy all the cables, adapters, etc. Here's one at PCWebShopper for $42.

Sony 16x DVD Drive

8. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

VIVO is Video In/Video Out.

9. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

Yeah but since i havent got a tv anymore....my parents nicked it...i want a tv card....with stereo tv and stereo radio....do those things have vid inputs?