Staggering TV capturing problem

ggomad

OSNN One Post Wonder
I have 8500DV all-in-wonder. The TV works satisfactorily but

only with checking on 'crop video' box under display tap in the configuration. Problem is when I capture the TV into a movie file. When captured into a file of any format (avi, mpg), the resulted picture shows a black pole-like part covering the left side of screen. The size of this black part slightly varies on different channels and differnt shows on one channel.

Actually, the result file is exactly the copy of TV screen with the black part on the left side. I think this has to do with its defective ATI theater driver, or defective hardware. I've got two 8500DVs, and they both show the same. It is annoying not to be able to have exact copy of TV screen when we're supposed to.

I would like to know if there is a way to record TV in perfect condition, specifically, without the black-pole part.

I also wonder if this defect is still the same with ATI's newer high-profile all-in-wonder cards.

Not seen anything like this with my Winfast cards - would guess it is software related, in which case search for newer versions/fixes and also get in touch with ATI tech support....

Maybe there are others here with AIW cards too? But not here....

I htought you meant YOU were staggered! But I guess now that you meant the picture frame is! :)

I personally don't know what to say. I have an old one that I use religiously, and to this day, never had anything like that happen. (Rage128Pro AIW, I purchased in '99). Could it be that you are saving it as an off standard resolution setting? The driver's from ATI for these cards hasn't changed much either. They are really good right out of the box.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back