St.Anger

okay a few things have changed since I just saw a very recent live video of them playing 'frantic'.

He has lost his voice a bit, the new bassist is ****ing amazing and makes metallica sound absolutely incredible (remember, the ablum was played by bob rock, not their bassist; Rob Trujillo) and damn! Frantic is an absolutely awesome song! It is COMPLETLY the production and otherwise that wrecks the songs on st anger, I am CONFIDENT! That ablum is better then the famous black ablum, I'm serious.

I'd also like to add the drums sound awesome live, it was again... the production that made them (or something?) sound like tin cans

Its kinda funny....before joining Metallica...Rob Trujillo was playing bass in Ozzy's band and now he has joined Metallica and Jason Newstead, Metallica's former bass player, is playing bass for Ozzy

Nope...I saw something about Ozzy getting ready for the current OzFest and it showed him rehearsing with the band and they made a point of saying he had Jason Newstead in the band.

Yep, according to glam-metal.com: "Newstead was officially hired as Ozzy’s bassist."

Also, from The Graphic:

Metallica and Ozzy bassists switch roles

Rock took a hint from baseball card aficionados last month when Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne traded bassists.

Robert Trujillo, former Ozzy bassist, quit the band last month to join Metallica for unpublicized reasons. In response, bassist Jason Newstead (who left Metallica in January 2001) joined Ozzy’s band and has been rehearsing with them frequently. Newstead left Metallica to devote time to his new band, Voivod, who will play the Ozzfest 2003 tour this summer.

“This is something I’m doing out of respect, so it took zero seconds (to decide),” Newstead said of his union with Ozzy. Ozzy returned the favor with a private rehearsal for approximately 25 songwriters and photographers in Hollywood.

“It’s not a fair exchange,” Ozzy said of the trade. “It’s robbery, I say.”

Newstead had played with Metallica for 14 years when he quit the band.

On a related note...I read about the audition process for hiring a new bassist for Metallica and they had several high profile bass players try out for it...but in the end...Kirk Hammit said they chose Rob Trujillo because he played with his fingers and not a pick.

the album is the end of metallica (FINNALY!!! YEAH!!!) pshhhh sell outs....

Krox, What the hell?

They never were sellouts, even if they were, who cares? They're the best damn sell outs you will ever hear. Start seeing the music, not the image, man.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back