SSL Certificate

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by funky dredd, Oct 15, 2004.

1. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

I hope this is in the right place. Sorry if it's not!

I have web server that was moved from one organization to another (where I am). The server was disjoined from the previous domain and rejoined to mine while also changing the name of the server and assigning a static IP Address. It's a Windows 2000 server running IIS 5.0. I generated my cert request and sent it off to Verisign, got my SSL Cert and installed it, and it installed correctly. When I go to test the https:// I get this message :
    This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.
    I called Verisign (I am not an IIS guru), and the cert is installed correctly. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be? And or how to correct it?

Thanks
    Funky

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Checked all the settings on the Cert itself

3. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

Yep, verified them with Verisign.

4. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

This is a new certificate you installed? No certificate was pre existing on the server?

5. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

6. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Is this an Internal or external site?
    Is there a Firewall in between the browser that you are using and the webserver?

7. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

Found it! Stunnel is issuing a certificate before my certificate.

8. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

Ok here is the scoop.
    The vendor had installed Stunnel on the server when it was housed at the other hospital. After moving it down to my hospital, we changed the name and domain causing the Stunnel certificate to be null and void. I bought a Verisign cert and installed it, which installed correctly. After doing a lot of research I found the Stunnel and srvany.exe running (srvany.exe is what caught my attention). Both of them were installed in the same directory which led me to call up the vendor and find out why it was running. Once we got all that squared away I had to re-install IIS because when we removed the Stunnel it broke IIS. I reinstalled the cert and everything is up and running :)