spots on my screen

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lee_uk, Jul 9, 2003.

1. lee_uk

lee_uk Guest

when i am in windows i keep getting small spots on my screen what do u think it could be?

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Maybe you're eating near your screen and some of your food is splattering on it. :D

3. Hematic

Hematic Guest

stop with the mushrooms man :)

4. Petros

Petros Thief IV

lol

5. lee_uk

lee_uk Guest

i have a CRT screen and they pink spots i think they are square

6. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

they may be dead pixels. How old is your monitor?

7. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Press the degauss button to clear up the dark spots (if that's what they are). If you have un-shielded speakers near the monitor, move them away from the monitor. Move any regular home speakers or any magnetized devices if they are close to the monitor.

You also could have dead pixels and they occure with LCD monitors and with CRT monitors. Some pixels on a brand-new LCD screen could be dead, and show as black spots, or can be stuck on one color (red, blue, or green), or even be stuck on one level of brightness, and so appear brighter or dimmer than the surrounding pixels. But this also occures with CRT Monitors.

[edit]
    You say they are pink spots...

Try reading this...

http://www.eizo.com/support/faqs/crt/qa05.html

8. lee_uk

lee_uk Guest

i would say about 2 years what is the degauss button

9. gonaads

Ooooh dear... :p

Ever wonder what that "degauss" button on your monitor does besides make a buzzing noise and cause the screen to go crazy for a second? Though that's its main purpose, the degauss button has another useful feature. To understand it, you'll first need to know that the earth has natural magnetic fields. The magnetic charges from these fields can build up inside your monitor, causing a loss of color accuracy. Degaussing scares the bad magnetism out of the monitor and fills it with good karma. If your monitor doesn't have a degauss button, fear not -- many new monitors automatically degauss themselves. If you have a flat-panel display, there is no degauss button because magnetism doesn't build up in flat screen displays.

10. gonaads

11. wingman411

wingman411 OSNN Senior Addict

Try resetting your screen colors down a notch. I had a problem when I had mine set to 32 bit color. little dots all over on boot up. I reset it to 16 bit an now they are gone. Might help.

12. Adrenalize

Adrenalize Tired Zombie

If u need to set your color to 16 bits to get it to work right boy is it time for a new crt

13. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

I ahve a fuzzy spot on my screen that has appeared and my screen is a 17 inch flat screen monitor...how do i get rid of that?????

No smartass comments either ...Im being serious...

Its only 3 weeks old too..

Alloy25:eek:

14. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

if its 1 dead pixel they wont replace it, flat screens you need about 6 to get an RMA done

15. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

16. lee_uk

lee_uk Guest

Here was what my screen looks like with the pink spots

17. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Looks like your color is set to "High Color" instead of "True Color". Try increasing the color depth. Right click your desktop, click "Properties", go to the "Settings" tab, and increase your color depth.

EDIT: lol...I just read this.

18. lee_uk

lee_uk Guest

just upload a new pic

19. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Did you ever overclock your vid card ?

20. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

I see the problem, you are using AOL. :D

This would definitaley cause the problem if the card was pushed too far for too long. If so, try reducing the clock speed to below the factory settings.