splinter cell demo

Originally posted by Fu Xuen
This demo is very exciting, but I experience two bugs :
  • Lights sources are visible through walls and doors (I have a VIA KT266A MB with Hyperion v4.45 drivers and an ATI 9700Pro GC with Catalyst v2.5 drivers).
  • The character (Fisher) keeps using the silent pistol even if I choose another item in the inventory (e.g. the pipe).
I would be grateful if someone pointed out what I have missed.

about Fisher, nah I don't think it's a bug...you really got to have an auto switch for weapons, you aren't going to kill your enemies with a pipe are you?

Well, I won't be able to see behind a door with a gun neither. I thought I have missed something in the keyboard settings or in the interface...

Originally posted by Octopus
the routine in the game is slow(the music comes in when you're spotted by the enemy and then starts fading when you finish them!)
.no blood, and the most stupid thing is that enemies get scared from darkness lol
100MB just for one mission that takes 10 mins. to finish it :(
I give it 3 from 5.

you have not seen the blood ?

I just noticed you said this when re-reading the thread...

blood is definitely visible... I dunno why you have not seen it... sure its not copious but it is clearly visible when someone is shot...

try turning all your visual details to highest settings and play @ a good resolution..

by the way... none of the FPS games I have played on a PC have had the movement speed varied by using something like a mousewheel.. hence it is an innovation for me... not having played metal gear solid I would not be able to comment...

btw splinter cell uses dynamic lighting.. I have yet to hear anything about mgs using dynamic lighting... DX2 will also use similar lighting effects and they do look nice @ max resolution and anistropic on :)

do you call two red dots fly in the air and then disappear blood?
it seems like a bug to me :D

OK, i have found out what I have missed :confused: : after switching to the appropriate item (e.g. the optic pipe), one has to 'fire' instead of 'use' while being in front of a door... Thanks for the reading though :D...

Locked me up after about 15 minutes...lost my uptime. :(

Time to finally install that stick of RAM that has been looking at me for weeks. :cool:

the min requriements for the game are not low... but if you can play ut2k3 smooth I suppose you can play this game smooth too :)

remember this is a demo.. I am sure there will be some other changes in the game as the release date comes around... unless the plan to do an EPIC and release the game with bugs and all :)

however the xbox version is pretty nice and they have been apparently developing the 2 versions concurently... therefore there should not be too many issues in the port...

btw fu xuen :) yah I was wondering what you were talking about in your previous posts about the cable vanishing and stuff.. but I see wat you mean...

octopus... concerning the blood I get a fair amount that appears... not like in some mods for CS and in some other games I have played... but there is some... but then MOHAA has no blood and that never stopped me from playing the game :)

spearhead for all you MOHAA afficionados is only around an hour or so long single player if you have a decent aim... else it is around 3 or 4 hours for those who have less accurate aim...

is still fun though... the new weapons and mortar control and what not is worth it...

off topic but I wanted to throw that in anyways :)

Originally posted by Sazar
the min requriements for the game are not low... but if you can play ut2k3 smooth I suppose you can play this game smooth too :)

remember this is a demo.. I am sure there will be some other changes in the game as the release date comes around... unless the plan to do an EPIC and release the game with bugs and all :)

however the xbox version is pretty nice and they have been apparently developing the 2 versions concurently... therefore there should not be too many issues in the port...

btw fu xuen :) yah I was wondering what you were talking about in your previous posts about the cable vanishing and stuff.. but I see wat you mean...

octopus... concerning the blood I get a fair amount that appears... not like in some mods for CS and in some other games I have played... but there is some... but then MOHAA has no blood and that never stopped me from playing the game :)

spearhead for all you MOHAA afficionados is only around an hour or so long single player if you have a decent aim... else it is around 3 or 4 hours for those who have less accurate aim...

is still fun though... the new weapons and mortar control and what not is worth it...

off topic but I wanted to throw that in anyways :)

about system requirement,
I a m with Geforce 2 MX 400 it runs OK if the res. is 800x600 details are medium besides the another option ( forgotten what it was)

about blood, people in Germany( for example) aren't allowed to play games with this option and in another countries therefore some developers prefer MONEY over anything ( who doesn't :p)

about MOHAA etc...well Sazar, I played with MGS and MGS 2 so don't blame, MGS2 is coming to the xbox you'll see what I am talking about.

Originally posted by Fu Xuen
This demo is very exciting, but I experience two bugs :
  • Lights sources are visible through walls and doors (I have a VIA KT266A MB with Hyperion v4.45 drivers and an ATI 9700Pro GC with Catalyst v2.5 drivers).
  • The character (Fisher) keeps using the silent pistol even if I choose another item in the inventory (e.g. the pipe).
I would be grateful if someone pointed out what I have missed.

You hav antialiasin turned on.. just turn it off and u should be swt... how eva i didnt cause i just cant stand jagged edges.

Plus its not very intrusive.. just sometimes u can c lights thru doors/u/walls..

I played Splinter Cell for PS2... Man thats a fun game!

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
WTF? you retard it isnt even on the PS2!:p

play nice eddy... no need to beat him down like that...

splinter cell will be released for ps2 and GC later on in the year fas as I know... but there should not be a ps2 copy out... you are right in that sense...

I must of been thinking of some other game... I swear I remember playing it on PS2..... And Jesus Christ Flatbeat_Eddy, you need to calm down, talking crap to others will not make you cool..... lol

"The character (Fisher) keeps using the silent pistol even if I choose another item in the inventory (e.g. the pipe)."

haha u idiot
that "pipe" is a camera,use it near doors and u can see under them without opening it,the silenced pistol is the onyl weapon u get in the demo,the other gadgets r a lock pick,and a device for melting the lock
and no this game an't on ps2,lol
i got the xbox version,and i preferr it to pc,purly cause of the controls,and the fact that ,thats where it should be

I just checked into it and I must of got mixed up with the 3 gaming systems my buddy had. We were playing a whole bunch of games in different systems so when we hooked of the XBox we played Splinter Cell... I guess I thought we were still on PS2.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back