$$$ spending on a computer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FoSsiL, Jul 28, 2002.

1. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

Here a question for you guys. How much are you willing to spend on a new computer?
  2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Well this question is pretty unstable ; depends of the country . Here you can buy with 1000$ a performant PC . :) . So cheap components here ...
  3. TR!GG3R

TR!GG3R Guest

bout 1 n a 1/2 thousand for a dream pc that lasts half a year :p
  4. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Ottawa, Ontario
    about 1000 for me
  5. Smokie

Smokie A Proud Australian

Townsville, Qld, Australia
    I build my own machines and have probably already spent more than $1500 on the one I have now.
  6. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    I build my own. So far this stands me at about £2000+
    LOL i dread to think what its worth now. I spend about £50 a week on this as is to keep it up to spec...
  7. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

id be willing to spend as much money as it takes to make a nice computer
  8. mavis

mavis Guest

My new system is gonna cost too much :( ... lol

$2500 - includes P4 2.26b, GA-8IHXP, 1024MB PC1066 RDRAM, Radeon 9700, 17" LCD, etc ...

Oh well. Should rock for about a year or so ... :)

9. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

My computer Evolves rather than being bought outright. I've still got the floppy drive from my 486 :rolleyes:

I've been spending lots of money making it silent. Loudest things at the moment are the hard drives. :D
  10. fitfella29

fitfella29 Guest

i`d spend about £1000.
  11. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Id go to a max of £1200 UK sterling, dunno quite what that equivilates to in $ ??

Anybody wanna give me that said £1200, Id be ever so grateful!!!!!!!! lol :D
  12. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    read sig below... spent a total of about 700 dollars so far...

in line with that I would probably spend a max of 1000 dollars... no incl monitor...
  13. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

my curent pc cost £1,000, but i'd go up 2 £1,500
  14. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

1000 bucks for tower
    1000 bucks for monitor

gonna upgrade monitor...anybody want my old one:)
  15. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

WOW! some of you pplz are really going deep into your pockets =). I got no money and parents wont help me pay for it so $ 800 for me.
    hey does LCD monitor give off a way better display than the regular ones?
  16. mavis

mavis Guest

Hey how do you like that monitor?? I'm planning on buying the 171T, I think the only difference is better viewability (170 degrees instead of 160) and higher contrast (500:1 instead of 350:1 or whatever) ...

Anyway, is that monitor you have decent? Is it good for games, etc (ie ghosting and that stuff) ?

thanks / mavis
  17. GT2000

GT2000 Guest

I'm with Bytes Back on this one, I continuously upgrade my system, never have the money to buy all the parts for a new system at a given time.

Currently working on overhauling the rig in my sig right now, little by little, just replaced my cdrw drive, added more memory, have some AS3 on order, and will probably pick up an AX-7 and a 80mm fan to try and straighten out my high temps, then I'll get a new case/psu, round cables, and then on to a new cpu/mobo, possibly new ram if I go ddr (don't see any reason why I won't though).
  18. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

2500+ if i had that much :d
  19. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    lcd = no flicker far as I know... monitors are not my forte...

however aren't crt's better for gaming? they have better resolutions don't they?

fill me in...

if not / bastid... how much is your lcd for :)
  20. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Does anyone know what a second hand Cray goes for? That's what I would like