Spelling in Outlook Express 6

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by lieb39, Sep 22, 2003.

1. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

Hello Everyone,

I recently setup a client to check there yahoo, hotmail and their ISP email via Outlook Express 6 (latest version.) Now I have a issue, they want to use the spelling check feature when replying or composing a new message. However it seems that the feature is greyed out. Pressing F7 does nothing, anyone know how to fix this? Perhaps using the dictionary from Office XP?

Thank you,

lieb39

2. David Smith

David Smith Guest

Have you tried opening OE6 tools -options-spelling and sorting it out there. Perhaps you know this already though.

3. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Outlook Express dosent have its own spell check built in... it uses the spell check from word so if you dont have that installed it wont work.

4. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

" Have you tried opening OE6 tools -options-spelling and sorting it out there. Perhaps you know this already though."

Can't find that...

Yes, I have word installed...

-lieb39

5. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

6. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

I don't use Outlook Express, so I'm just guessing here... But in Outlook you have an option where you can set Word as your default email editor. When you want to creat a new email message it wil open word within Outlook, thus allowing Spelling Check.
    Is there such an option (set Word as default email editor) in Outlook Express?

Kind regards,
    Willem Moolenaar