Spell Check Outlook Express

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I have just set up a new computer for my neighbour. It came with XP Home and Microsoft Works pre installed. It set up OK, but the option to Spell Check in Outlook Express is greyed out, so is not available. I know Outlook Express doesn't have it's own spell checker, but I thought the one in Works would enable it, anyone know if it should?

It should use the one from MS Word that installed with Works...Try reinstalling or repairing Word.

There is a spell checker in OE under options. Saved my bacon a few times.

OE dosent come with its own spell checker... it uses the one from Word You might want to re-read the first post.

If you'd click my link - you'd find this quote:

It's important to note that Outlook Express does not have a spell checker. However, it can make use of the spell checker in Microsoft Office 95 or later, or Microsoft Works (later versions, which include Microsoft Word) if present.

Also a possible fix in the registry and the free download I suggested above!

I thought we were supposed to help others - not **** in the wind!:eek:

Thanks Damnyank. Your link above gave me the direction to go to fix the problem. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back