I'm not sure if this will help anyone or not, but I thought I'd pass it on. I run XP pro with Outlook Express 6 and was never able to do any spell checking (always came up with an error message) even though I had Office 97 on my Machine. I was reading a tip supplied by Lockergnomie Tom Maenner to locate 'csapi3t1.dl_' on the Windows XP CD and expand it as 'csapi3t1.dll' in this directory: C:\ Program Files \ Common Files \ Microsoft Shared \ Proof, which resolved the problem for him but still came up with an error message for me. I decided to do a search for the 'csapi' file in explorer and found another copy of it in 'C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles' and found there was a size difference between it and the one I got off my XP disc. I replaced the file in the proof folder with a copy of the one I had just found and low and behold spell check is working fine.