Speed up ur bootup time

F

Fifaheat

Hi,

My system seems to take ages to load up with WINDOWS xp (about 50 seconds)

Does anyone know how to speed the bootup time?

In the startup menu on msconfig, all there are is:

Systray
Rundll32
CTregrun
Updreg

i'm not sure weather to disable Ctregrun and updreg as i don't know what they do?? they both live in the WINDOWS folder?

Should i delete them from the startup

thanx:) ;)

I got a guide on startupspeed on my homepage, check it and see if it is any good:) It's in the OS section....

listen to venom..get bootvis...install it do a trace boot...reboot check how long it takes to boot them tools and optimize reboot ...then trace boot again...got mine down from 57 sec down to 34 sec almost twice as fast boot up...then there is a shutdown reg hack out there for short shut downs.

exactly, the first time i traced my boot, i booted in 91 secs!!!!!!!

sorry, then after i optimized and timed it again, i was loaded up in 42 secs!!!! Drastic improvement if i do say so myself, all it does is line up the drivers and tweak everything so it loads withough stutter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back