Speed Touch USB

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by M@xSystem, Jun 29, 2002.

1. M@xSystem

M@xSystem Guest

I've succesfully installed my speedtouch usb adsl modem with the appropriate drivers. It properly works but there's always an icon in the system tray named "Safely Remove Hardware", it proposes me to remove my modem. Can I let this icon appear? What does it mean?

When I start my computer I sometimes can't connect my modem and my mouse (it is usb too - Intellimouse explorer).
    Can I conclude it's an usb problem?

What do you think about this?

2. SupaTek

SupaTek OSNN Addict

Make sure that your modem is plugged directly into the PC USB port (not a hub)

No you can't get rid of the icon in the taskbar, it's because the current drivers for the alcatel modem are not digitaly signed by microsoft.
  3. Cupid_Stunt

Cupid_Stunt OSNN Addict

NW UK
    Also i must point out that your modem uses 500ma, and thats all most usb ports supply so if your mouse is usb then its gonna struggle abit.

Best bet is to buy a small usb hub thats powered by another source, and use that for mouse and other gizmo's.

I just bought A Trust 4 port compact hub with power adapter not too expensive either but i find it great quality and works well no probs atall.

4. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

Just set it to always hide.. thats what i did with my burner