speaker mode keeps resetting

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ruiner_066, Apr 9, 2003.

1. ruiner_066

ruiner_066 OSNN Addict

ok, so i have klipsch promedia 4.1 speakers, which are surround sound 5.1 speakers. you can set what kind of speakers you have by going to control panel> sounds and audio devices> advanced> select from drop down menu. now, it keeps resetting to desktop stereo speakers, which only play out of 2 of my speakers rather than 4. i can set it to the 5.1 surround sound, and it works fine, but then i can play music and windows sounds fine, but when i launch a game or restart, the windows setting gets bumped down to the desktop stereo speakers, and my gaming experience is lessened =( any ideas?
    thx in advance

2. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

What sound card you using? Have you tried setting it in it's app? Is the game sound settings set up properly? Just one game or all?

3. ruiner_066

ruiner_066 OSNN Addict

it works fine in most games i've tried except for the planetside beta...which is the only thing i play right now =P & it is set correctly in game, but it also resets itself every time i restart the comp. it's a soundblaster audigy x-gamer. i have had endless problems with the app it came with, so i dont use it any more.

4. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

I think BETA is the key world here.

5. ruiner_066

ruiner_066 OSNN Addict

it may be because its a beta, but what about just when i restart?

6. gballard

gballard Moderator

that happens to me too...I have Creative Inspire 5200 5.1 Speakers with a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card....I set it to 5.1 Speakers like you do but when I play Links 2003 and then quit the game and come back to windows...its set back to desktop speakers.

7. Indomidable

Indomidable Guest

I had that problem too with my Audiology Plat. So, I used CL's program to set the speakers and it worked from there. I also may have updated the drivers too. It's been like 7 months since I fixed that problem, so it's a bit vague in my memory.