Spam email HELP

S

stuy_b

Firstly Im not sure if i posted this in the right area. (sorry if its wrong).

Im always careful with my home email address, and HAVE NOT subscribed to any news letters.

Infact my email is usually pretty empty, until now. :(

Im now being bombarded with lots of emails ALL adult content, which I DO NOT want, or asked for.

I have Norton Internet security 2003, and want to know how I can block these emails.

Ive tried all sorts of things to no avail.

HELP!

Stuy_b.

Well Ive just read Norton help, and have now got lots of filters for my email.

So I think , or hope that'll stop it!!

I would be curious to know the domain of your email address. Check the header of the email to see if it is sent to similar email address (ie: bill1@abc.com; bill2@abc.com...). If this is the case then they are just nailing your domain and you should contact your ISP to see if they will block emails from that source. If there are a bunch of random email address then somehow your email address got on a list. Keep in mind that some companies (as honest as you may think they are) actually sell your email address. Be VERY careful about the links at the bottom of emails that say "click HERE to be removed from this email list" By clicking on these links companies trick you into believing you will be removed, when infact you have just verified that the emails that they are sending out aren't just to some email address that noone looks at or that doesn't exist. You are a living soul who actually reads your email. BANG! You are on a NEW list, a list of verified email addresses. Companies get MORE money for you! Get the picture? I play it safe. I have NEVER used my personal (or company) email address on ANY website. I have a hotmail account that is used for EVERYTHING. The only people who have my email address are my friends, and I have given them all a 45 minute lecture about using my email address for anything but sending me email. I have had my email address for well over a year and I have NEVER received an unwanted email. I must be doing something right. Good luck. I know it's frustrating

for webpages if you want to put a mailto link in your site, convert your email to ASCII numbers as spam email_collecting bots for some reason dont process ASCII numerical character respresentations.

Note I am in the process of writing a program to convert a normal email address into the ascii that you need to put it in your webpage.

Well I did some hunting in the "headers" of these said emails, and found the original ISP domains, Ive now emailed them with a massive rant and rave about the person subscribed to there network sending the mails, so they might contact the person(s) or ban them.

The other option is to change my email, just means telling people I have new address (people I want to know) that is.!

Thanks for the advice guys/girls.

:D

Give this little app a try ... it can bounce back mails and blacklist senders, so the sender thinks your address no longer exists ... and they'll hopefully stop sending you mail.
It's worked quite well in controlling the amount of spam I get on Hotmail.

Mailwasher (www.mailwasher.net)

Originally posted by NetRyder
Give this little app a try ... it can bounce back mails and blacklist senders, so the sender thinks your address no longer exists ... and they'll hopefully stop sending you mail.
It's worked quite well in controlling the amount of spam I get on Hotmail.

Mailwasher (www.mailwasher.net)
damn I was about to post mailwasher as well :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back