SP2 Information & Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corvette said:
[pirate]Yo Ho Ho...[/pirate] Pirate Alert! [pirate]...and a bottle of rum![/pirate]
Microsoft has a Knowledge Base article that shows you how to change your CD-key. It's nothing new.

I see on the front pages news that SP2 will go gold for download on August 5th.

I get the feeling this is going to be sticky.

Like having Christmas on June 21st!
M$ are like London Busses, you wait 45 minutes for one thats half n hour late, then 3 come at once.

Whats that smell? M$ BS again.

Well, it's almost here...
grin.gif

haha, well Neowin didn't even agree with our release date (the poster said our dates were wrong), so how can it be delayed if those dates where wrong? It's all fun and I have enough to keep me occupied :)

52112_590x230_hero_xpFam_F.jpg

damn it! i was really hoping it would be today :(
maybe it'll be later in the day...*hopes* :p

Gawd worse than kids on December 24th. Waiting for a service pack 'is like making love to a beautiful woman'. You have to be soft and gentle, slow and patient and treat it with the upmost respect.

Go make babies then come back next month :)

El Guapo: Jefe, you do not understand women. You cannot force open the petals of a flower. When the flower is ready, it opens itself up to you.

Jefe: So when do you think Carmen will "open up her flower" to you?

El Guapo: Tonight, or I will kill her!

I don't mind if it takes until Sunday morning. If it goes past that, I'm going to have to start grumbling.
tongue.gif

ElementalDragon said:
i tried installing SP2, but whenever it tried to start installing, it always said "atapi.sys is being used by another program. please close all other programs and click retry". even said that in Safe Mode with nothing else running. anyone know what i could do to stop atapi.sys from being used or turn it off after windows boots?
I am having this problem also, but with SP1, I even unchecked all of the programs in startup, and it still does this! Are there any other ways? I really need to get SP1 installed!

EP, if you follow that link that you posted, it now says RTM

I'm downloading right now. The installation file is named xpsp2_rtm_enu.exe and it is at the site that you listed above. Is there some way I can check the version number without installing?

I really don't think this is real but you never know.

Oh, and the file is 272.4 MB according to Mozilla FF's download manager.

Interesting... if anyone installs it I would be interested in knowing which build it is.
Heard someone say that OEMs have this build already.

The build is going to be 222, ohh well keep up with the betas.

Yeah, I doubt it's the final RTM build. Going to wait for some kind of official announcement or a link on the MS site itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back