SP1 + Windows Messenger

OK, I didn't say it's perfect! ;)

I guess it's the same with anything, you can turn off features so your own will integrate but don't expect ours to disappear.

It may seem stupid, but when you right-click on Messenger's icon, set status to "appear offline", no ?

lol the best way to get rid of msn messenger is to use Tweak-XP get's rid of it wel easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ain't there an option in Messenger to toggle on/off about logging in on startup? i never used messenger, anyway...i prefer trillian

Now I have installed trillian much better it seems for now.
I don't want to go through that again. Talk about privacy invasion.
Telling the world you are on line. If I had not looked in the logs I guess that would have been there for a long time until someone came on line that wanted to make contact with me.

http://www.xp-erience.org/comments.php?catid=1&id=360
Guess this sums up what I found out
ven

WorldDom.JPG

Disabling MSN Messanger Forever

From Technet article Q302089 (see link at bottom)
Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then press ENTER.

Double-click the following items to expand them:
Local Computer Policy
Computer Configuration
Administrative Templates
Windows Components
Windows Messenger

Double-click Do not allow Windows Messenger to run,
and then click Enabled.

Click OK, and then quit the Group Policy snap-in.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q302/0/89.ASP

If you are using Outlook Express, this will takes ages for OE to load. Download X-teq system X-setup to solve the problem.

Anybody found one about media player?
That will not stop associating it's self with audio files no matter what you do?
ven

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back