SP1 Thoughts

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
So what do you think of SP1? For or against? Why?

I slipstreamed sp1 with xp & what a blast. Format & upgrade in one swoop. Couldn't be easier.
As for SP1 I've had no problems with it. System seems as stable as before. Have not tried any of the new features though. IE & other MS stuff don't bother me. Bill get's a thumbs up again. Good grief did I say that?

Hello all after I installed Sp1 I lost style XP. My system was goofey so I ran a uninstall on Sp1 and lost a dill file and would't read drive G off XP cd. My system lockedup I shut it down and lost all of c drive. What a night, anyway I am geting it back together and my farorite site is back!! . My advice is go to grc. download and forget about Sp1 untill they get the bugs out. Anyone have good news about Sp1?

first thing its big dial-up users beware mine took 500 minutes doing an express installation. :(
Updated styleXP before I started so that wasn't a problem
All went well - Made a drive image
Tried the " delete past icon stream tweak" that made XP so unstable no programs would work - safe mode put the image back on :p
Leave registry alone for now
Deleted some of the bloat that came with it -
200 meg uninstall file *prefer to use drive image*
200 meg of backups C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 *wrote these files to a CD just in-case :p
Apart the explorer crashing a couple of times
everything is working pretty well

;)

I tried that 'delete past icon stream tweak' after tweaking my new install of sp1 & it would not work. Tried it again, same result. Tried one more time & it worked. :confused:

i got Geffy 2 post it 2 me on c.d:),
dam it was slow installin.took 1 hour. i can install xp in 20 mins!!!

can't say it was woth the effot of 1 hour i could have been on here:p

Wow an hour??? It took mine about 15 minutes.
P4 1.5ghz

You might have to slipsteam that Henyman. :D

I've installed, theres no noticable difference, my box hasn't turned into an Über Turbo l33t machine, nor has it slowed down ... but all them fixes cant be a bad thing!

/me awaits SP2 :p

downloaded mine overnight on my 56k, by morning it was done :)

Did fresh install of XP then mediaplayer bonus, xp plus & plus! sp1, drivers and software, then xp sp1. Everything is working perfectly, no errors, no problems :D

Infact my system is much faster, more snappier.

I can only sing praises!, guess Im lucky, or better @ IT than i give myself credit 4! lol

i got a p4 1.5 as well,i can't slipstream cus i don't have a c.d, i installed off partition. it does depend also if ya choose "make backup" or what ever it gives u the option of doin..i did that so most time was backin up files b4 replacin em.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back