sp1 - and coporate key

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by oO ShifterZ Oo, Sep 2, 2002.

1. i wanted to know if this is true, if u have a cororate key for xp pro and when u install sp1, ur xp wont work anymore. IS THIS true if not, wat happens. AND is sp1 worth the dL

2. Sage

Sage Guest

Additional Info

If you have XP and have run a program to unregister the licdll.dll you must re-register licdll.dll before you install SP1. If you don't you will get an error and SP1 installation will stop.

3. nartac

nartac Guest

Thanks Catch23, I just found that out. I was able to install the 1006 update to my current WinXP without any prob but when I slipstreamed it and made an unattended install, it won't work despite my key is a legit key. Hope someone finds a solution for this. It really sucks b/c i'm so used to the unattended install.

BTW, my winxp is a corp winxp pro and not the home version

4. nartac

nartac Guest

Cool...Please keep us updated. I am very interested.

5. Supplicium

Supplicium Guest

yea it should work as long as u dont burn it to a cd

6. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

i slipstreamed xp sp1 into my *cough cough* copy of xp pro and had no problem installing it attended or unattended, on a cd or off my spare hd. it accepted my *cough cough* key and never returnedany error message

7. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Ditto

Dont know what they are going on about I slipstreamed it and its fine works like a charm, bootable and all.

8. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

9. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Used that

yeah and it works fine I used that as a base guide just dont rename the sp1 we had a huge thread on this a while back, Anyways I was able to get the nero version running np, works like a charm :D

10. Re: Additional Info

excuse me, am a newbie here, but what softwares unregister the licdll.dll and why should i do that in any way ???