Soundforge 6.0 help

G

georgejr

I want to save an audio stream from Real Player. I recorded it with Soundforge and it sounds like ****. I had noticed a while ago someone mentioning they saved a webcast and it sounded like CD quality. Can anyone direct me to any info or something? I looked around but found nothing of any use so far. Thanks!

There are dozens of freeware and shareware utilities for capturing audio and video streams. Go to cnet.com and do a search.

The thing about using SoundForge, is you were probably recording the audio in analog. Many of the capture apps actually intercept the audio in digital and create a wav file from that. You would be avoiding multiple d/a back to a/d conversions this way.

If will be doing a fair bit of this sort of thing, you might want to consider buying something like Total Recorder, http://www.highcriteria.com/ Only $12 us, a very fair price for such a handy bit of software IMHO.

As for quality, that is going to be totaly dependant on the source material. Real Audio streams aren't what you would call CD quality, far from it, the quality of your recording can never be better than the quality of the source . And as the old addage goes - crap in, crap out. So don't expect to be able to make nice sounding cd's from low quality Real Audio streams. To maximise the quality of the stream, select the highest bitrate your connection supports, if the streaming site allows that option. If you are on a dialup, forget it, you'll need at least 300k for it to sound like anything other than poop. If you got at least 500k connection, and the streaming site supports higher quality at those bandwidths, you should be able to get some fairly decent results.

Good luck!
Duke

georgejr, sorry I can't really help ya, but I had to comment on your great avatar. Zooropa baby!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back