soundblaster live.value

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mikenel, Jul 17, 2002.

1. mikenel

mikenel Guest

i have soundblaster live!value sound card and i wanted to no can i use the new drivers that xp-erience have posted, by them being for the soundblaster live??does it make a difference by my card beind live!vlaue instead of just live???

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

Yes and Yes. I just did it. u might lose the task bar icon in the pgrade, but its in the options via control panel.

3. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

i have sblive 5.1 and it came with playcenter 2.0 does this upgrade it to 3.0 or did i just miss out on that one, and is it going to be in english?:D thx all

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

It's a full install of playcenter 3, it should delete version 2 as it installs. Normal creative path is to uninstall & reboot, then install the new stuff.

5. I had no end of trouble with the one from the ASIA website. But i downloaded the driverpack for the european site, that includes updates for all the applications and also the drivers. Be intresting to see if anyone else had problems with the ones downloaded directly from here.

6. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

The asian drivers were a major f**k up on my behalf.. couldnt get shut of the damn things, & that tipped the balance on the old format c: /q command :rolleyes:

7. Man i feel lucky compared, at installation mine just sat there at the driver stage. Then I had to reboot then my sound kept cutting in half, it would play like half the stuff then stop..weird.

8. But (and i bet people can sympathise with this) i'm getting that, 'i'm gonna have to reinstall everything again soon' feeling. You know when things just don't seem to be going right.

9. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

I made it to 3 months once !!!!! 4 weeks past average... :D

10. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

are you (NegativeFactor) saying that the asian drivers on this webpage are worthless but the ones on the euro.site are cool?

and( GoNz0 ) you are saying you had prob. w/ them but only on you behalf?

so should i d/l the drivers on this page or get them from the euro. page and if the euro page, NegativeFactor do you have a url for me to go to?

11. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

The asian 1's I got installed in asian !!!!!!!!!!! bunch a ?????'s cause I didnt have the relevant language packs installed.. but when i installed em all.. still ??????'s instead of words.

The europe 1's have a nice facelift and work fine.

12. I'm not saying they are worthless mate, they just didn't work for me. I'm sure they have worked fine for other people.

I believe the one's on the euro site are the same version (correct me if i'm wrong anyone) so I myself would prefer to download them from there anyhow.

Here's the link:

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/eula.asp?id=426

13. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

thx guys im gonna have to check'em out 2nite when i get off work to see how they work out hopefully no prob. just incase think ill do a backup!!:D c-ya l8tr