Sound

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by theevilsithlord, May 18, 2002.

1. theevilsithlord

theevilsithlord Hail to the King, Baby!

ALright, about a week ago my sound just stopped working. I have XP, integrated sound, and an Athlon. The strange part is this: i was playing (Jedi Knight II) and the sound was fine. After i turned my computer off and came back after like an hour i turned it on again. When it turned on, i heard noise from my microphone from my speakers, but nothing else. I know the problem is not the speakers, as i tried headphones in the speaker out. Also, i know that the cords are in the right places. So, I was just wondering if maybe someone had this same problem and fixed it. Thanks!

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Right click on "my computer"->properties->hardware->device manager->look at your sound card. Is there an exclamation point next to it?

3. theevilsithlord

theevilsithlord Hail to the King, Baby!

No, there are no exclamation points. I hear sound now that i have removed the microphone, but it is like interference noise when i click things with the mouse. When i play an mp3, the computer thinks it's playing, but it only makes interference-type noises.