Sound Enhancement

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ModestCargo, Mar 27, 2003.

1. ModestCargo

ModestCargo Guest

Lately I have been into listening to music on my computer. Can you tell me what programs are good for enhancing sound? I already use DFX for Winamp3. My sound card is a Sound Blaster Live! 1024 and my speakers are Altec Lansing (2.1). Don't really know the exact model of the speakers but they sound pretty damn good.
  2. dubstar

dubstar format c:

Southern California
    winamp is great to play music off of. i use almost as much as i use my keyboard. just keep your codec up to date, and your hardware drivers fresh, and you'll be in audio-heaven

btw: this should be in software
  3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    if you want your music to sound it's best, don't add any "enhancements" and play it like it's meant to be heard.
  4. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Thats like saying don't use the equaliser cause the studio has tweaked it to the right settings.

Yeah... the studio tweaked it for their you can hear a pin drop environment but our loud case fans deny us that =P

I love Full Bass & Treble eq setting on WinAmp 2.81 =)
  5. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

get an audigy 2 souncard

24bit 96khz sound you cant get any more enhanced than that:cool:
  6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

What load case fans? :p
    THAT's why I always want my computer quiet. :)

No offence, but Winamps eqalizer sucks major dung-pile and sounds like cr*p if you up the levels past the mid-line. If you want to use an equalizer, use another. It'll sound much better.

IMO! ;)
  7. mbunny

mbunny Guest

shame most mp3's are 16-bit 44khz sound waves =P

24-bit 96khz sound... now thats marketting hype for ya.
  8. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

but d00d can you feel the difference in games

mp3s are **** lossy crap i dont use them
  9. jumpy

jumpy Guest

XP Abuser, I'll think you'll find that a lot of newer games use "lossy crap" formats such mp3 or ogg vorbis. :)
  10. mbunny

mbunny Guest

What he said.

UT2k3 uses ogg for the music

NOLF2 uses mp3's for the music
  11. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

help im getting raped of my pride:eek:
  12. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

tehe don't you just love it when you make yourself look stupid? :D its always good to know I'm not the only one that does it :)
  13. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

dammit i know what i mean is rite. why rape me again krux:(
  14. jumpy

jumpy Guest

LOL @ XP Abuser.
  15. Mevunky

Mevunky Guest

Get Winamp 2.81 and Octimax, im serious, octimax makes ure mp3's sound so much better by doing real time mixing. all audiophiles try it right now as i was so amazed, i run an Audigy2 and im quite into sound.

TRY IT NOW! im serious