Sound crackling. Is it Graphic card?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by George, Dec 19, 2001.

1. George

George Guest

I have the same problem as many of you does (regarding the forum posts) .. my sound crackes when i open any program, use more sufisticated screensaver, open start menu, watch divxes, etc, etc.
    For example .. when I open start menu the cpu usage jumps to app. 70, 80% and goes to 0% again. The result is the cracke in the sound.
    Later this week i have tested soem things. I was watching a short .avi movie .. fullscreen .. the sound was crackling. Then i have minimized the program and the music sounded great.

So I have have come to conclusion that it could be the graphic card that interupts the sound.
    Am I right?
    What could be the problem?
    I have an old ATI Rage pro II+ (4mb) .. i was thinking this could be it .. but my friend has got the same problems with GeForce 2 32mb installed.

:confused: :rolleyes:
  2. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

you didnt mention what suoncard u have
    what motherboard chipset etc :)
  3. Kylie

Kylie Guest

stating the obvious - do you have the latest drivers? If you cant get XP ones try win2k

4. George

George Guest

I have the integrated soundcard. The motherboard is ECS K7S5A with chipset SiS 735 and yes i have the latest drivers ..
  5. nite

nite Guest

sigh.. my sound has lots of static too! it all started happening after i installed those damned via 4 in 1 drivers!
  6. Kylie

Kylie Guest

7. George

George Guest

Thnx, but i know where to find the drivers and i have them installed. I have all the updates for the bios and i have also tried the drivers from SiS hompage ..