sound card questions

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok... i'm kinda looking at getting a new sound card, since as of right now i'm using my on-board AC97 surround sound. Was kinda eyeballing the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Limited Edition, but being rather poor doesn't help the $110+ price tag. So my question is.... What is the big difference between the ZS Gamer and the regular ZS?

i think it's just to get the attention but the difference shouldn't be that big

uhm the name on the box... the cards are all identical :D

Pickup an audigy 2 zs oem, the closer you can get to "anti-static bag + card + driver cd" the better :D

The extra money you pay for the "gamer" version is for the "free" games that come with it.

Just do like Lord said then buy games you want with the money you save.

These are the titles that come with the gamer version or did last time I checked Creatives site.
  • Star Wars® Jedi Knight®: Jedi Academy™
  • Halo® Combat Evolved
  • Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness™
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® 3: Raven Shield™
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® (Includes 3 additional missions)

LA, weren't u one of the people that were saying before that i should definitely look to getting the ZS Gamer a while back when i was debating on getting a sound card or not? lol. thx for the advice though. now i might be able to save myself $50+

yeah that'd do. If you got a local retailer that can sell you just the card and driver cd in an antistatic bag you could probably get under $50.

so, there's basically no difference between the ZS Gamer and the regular ol' ZS? just that the ZS Gamer is a ZS with "free" games? the ZS gamer doesn't support better sound qualities/modes and stuff like that?

its the same card, just the retail box comes with varying "freebies" that you actually are paying for given the price tag :p

I have an OEM card (plastic bag, card + cd) arriving as soon as ebuyer.com ship it :)

ElementalDragon said:
so, there's basically no difference between the ZS Gamer and the regular ol' ZS? just that the ZS Gamer is a ZS with "free" games? the ZS gamer doesn't support better sound qualities/modes and stuff like that?

Just buy the cheaper one :p. There is no diff between the two, other than the game bundles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back