Sound Card pissing me off

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LazyJames, Jun 17, 2002.

1. LazyJames

LazyJames OSNN Addict

OK i have an integrated piece of crap sound card, the only reason i have not got a better one is well i am building a new pc within the next couple of weeks, but my sound card at the moment keeps just cutting off the sound and i have to shut off my pc and wait a minute or two then turn it back on. It used to do this about once a week but now its getting more frequent. Any ideas, besides new soundcard?

2. scumbag

scumbag Guest

new drivers?

3. OshadowO

OshadowO Guest

it would help to know what kind of sound card it is and what kinda of system it's running on. However I agree, new drivers is always a good first option.

4. LazyJames

LazyJames OSNN Addict

cant get new drivers because its integrated with my motherbaord, i have an ASUS mb and have not had any problems since i have had the pc, which has been about 2 years. So as you can imagine not the best in the world.

5. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

just give us the sound card name and the model number of the motherboard, just because it's intergrated doesn't mean u can't update the drivers for it in all cases, some times it's possible. :confused:

6. shniest

shniest Guest

All hardware has updated drivers....if its on the mainboard just means you most likely have to goto asus to get the drivers instead of the manufacturer of the sound card....although if its a standard sound chip you can probably grab the drivers from various locations including the chip manufacturer (cmedia, etc)

Peace