Sound Blaster live Platinum 5.1 or Nvidia Soundstorm?

dpr

NTFS Junkie
Just upgraded to a Asus A7N8X Deluxe, the question is should I use my Sound Blaster live Platinum 5.1 or the onboard sound which iuses NVIDIA SoundStorm. Which will give me best sound quality ect and is there any way on this board to put a front headphone socket on if I use board sound

SounStorm would be better. it rivals the Audigy and almost the Audigy 2. also, it has EAX1, 2 (3?) support while your live! is limited to EAX1.

and yes, you can hook up a case-front audio port to your board, but the dumb thing about it is it disables your rear ports. you can only have front or rear, not both. a friend has the same board (2.0) and we've tried all possibilities. so he just left it in front-port mode and plugs his speakers into there. that way it's easier to unplug them and plug in his headphones.

Thanks for ur reply, think I will go with the SoundStorm although I wont be happy to see my live drive go

I have the same mobo, I have tried Audigy and the SoundStorm, I can notice no difference between them

Cant notice much difference myself but my soundblaster is older than urs and does not support the feature the same as the Audigy and soundstorm eax 2 ect. Nice board arnt they, never had any problems setting it up or with the drivers :) thanks for reply

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back