Sound Blaster live Platinum 5.1 or Nvidia Soundstorm?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by dpr, Jul 4, 2003.

1. dpr

dpr NTFS Junkie

Just upgraded to a Asus A7N8X Deluxe, the question is should I use my Sound Blaster live Platinum 5.1 or the onboard sound which iuses NVIDIA SoundStorm. Which will give me best sound quality ect and is there any way on this board to put a front headphone socket on if I use board sound

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

SounStorm would be better. it rivals the Audigy and almost the Audigy 2. also, it has EAX1, 2 (3?) support while your live! is limited to EAX1.

and yes, you can hook up a case-front audio port to your board, but the dumb thing about it is it disables your rear ports. you can only have front or rear, not both. a friend has the same board (2.0) and we've tried all possibilities. so he just left it in front-port mode and plugs his speakers into there. that way it's easier to unplug them and plug in his headphones.

3. dpr

dpr NTFS Junkie

Thanks for ur reply, think I will go with the SoundStorm although I wont be happy to see my live drive go

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I have the same mobo, I have tried Audigy and the SoundStorm, I can notice no difference between them

5. dpr

dpr NTFS Junkie

Cant notice much difference myself but my soundblaster is older than urs and does not support the feature the same as the Audigy and soundstorm eax 2 ect. Nice board arnt they, never had any problems setting it up or with the drivers :) thanks for reply