Sound Blaster Live card is not detected by Win XP

H

HzrnBgy

I have just installed a new motherboard, reformat my HDD and reinstall XP but to some extent my sound card is not detected. I cant even install the driver for it.

you need to download the newer driver from there sight before your system will reconize it

i already have downloaded the latest driver pack from creative and yet when i try to install it, it says that it cannot detect Sound Blaster Audio card.

could be a faulty sound card, take it back and get a new one, and make sure you have grounded oyur self out when you install the card, and follow the user book to the word other wise you might mess it up. just trying to help tho :)

You could try taking the card out and move it to another vacant pci slot but first make sure u have seated it properly in the slot..
or try it in another machine b4 you take it back ... nothing worse than the counter tech telling you its working ok ( if you know what I mean ) ;)

I have a sound blaster live and a sound blaster live 5.1 card on 2 computers and both are running Win xp pro. Windows detects both cards and even installs Microsoft drivers. Then I just update the drivers from creative. Try moving the card to another pci slot.
Gina

ive already tried doing those things. ive found out that its an issue with sound blasters and kt133a chipsets. i use abit kt7a board with the 686b southbridge

You could try putting the card in number 5 or 6 pci slot.

thanks mudguts, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to download the newest bios though. thanks a lot man

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back