Sorry Jewelzz

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
Sure sure whatever you say english boy... whatever you need to get you up in the morning...
Get your upper crust nose out of the sky and learn to play American Football

Spoken like a true FAN PseudoKiller... :cool:

talking about football
you guys must be talking about aussies rules footy!(AFL) now thats a real game, thats the one some foreigners have called arial ping pong, farking awesome game if you ask me...but no one did ask me! :p

just a side question, with the american football, gridiron, how long do the games go for...?
never really knew, but they go for ages dont they?
please inform the uninformed

Preseason Games start in late August usually 3 weeks then the regular season starts. The regular season is for 16 games that go for 17 weeks. The teams play one game a week and have a break for one week during the season. Then there is the playoffs and then the Super Bowl which is on January 26.

:)
what i meant was
how long as in time...
like my football, has 4 quarters of 20 mins each
but can sometimes go for a bit longer sort of thing..

Not sure is that is what he meant PK I think he was talkin about Game length.

As far as I can remember American Football is played with 4 quarters or something like that, each one is something like 15 mins long. So they are playin for 45 minutes.

REAL Football (Soccer to Yanks) is Two 45 minute halves, totalling 90 minutes of play.

You tell me which is more demanding.

Also Canadian Football (similar to US Football) is harder as the pitches are longer and wider, but with a larger "TouchDown" zone.
Touchdown zone is the bit behind the poles where they run and spike the ball.

Now rugby in its early days had a time limit of no more than 5 days long and would be completed when one team had a 2 goal lead over the other. This was later changed to 50 minute halves, thats 100 minutes, thats 55 minutes more playing time than a US football match. Also the max half time period is 10 minutes, the longest recorded was 25 where the players needed to thaw out between halves.

Originally posted by Geffy
Not sure is that is what he meant PK I think he was talkin about Game length.

As far as I can remember American Football is played with 4 quarters or something like that, each one is something like 15 mins long. So they are playin for 45 minutes.

REAL Football (Soccer to Yanks) is Two 45 minute halves, totalling 90 minutes of play.

You tell me which is more demanding.

Also Canadian Football (similar to US Football) is harder as the pitches are longer and wider, but with a larger "TouchDown" zone.
Touchdown zone is the bit behind the poles where they run and spike the ball.

Now rugby in its early days had a time limit of no more than 5 days long and would be completed when one team had a 2 goal lead over the other. This was later changed to 50 minute halves, thats 100 minutes, thats 55 minutes more playing time than a US football match. Also the max half time period is 10 minutes, the longest recorded was 25 where the players needed to thaw out between halves.

Oh if he is refering to the length of a game... 4 quarters 15 mins each quarter. Technically they play for only one hour. But that is actual play time. Between plays, penilties and half time (20min) the game streaches out to 3 - 3.5 hours.

yeah
see thats where i reckon your game gets shot down for all people that arnt big fans of it
its so much of a stop-start kind of game
when for every 20 seconds of action, there is a couple minutes of no action (pure guess, please correct me if wrong)
so people would get turned off by the no action
but the other football games have non stop action!
esp. AFL! :D :p

Rugby has flow, if there is an offense that would either deserve a scrum, free kick or penaulty then the referree will let the game continue to see if the team who will recieve the advantage, will get an advantage on the field before he stops the game.

no offense, but if a game that appears to be designed to take only 45 minutes or 65 + half time break takes more than say 105 minutes then it should be scrapped and redone again from scratch, and all the current players should be sacked/retired.

I would have said shot, but I think the yanks get attached to their players like people get attached to football players here in the UK, I just wish we had something better than David Beckham.

you guys make me laugh... American Football not popular... HAH !! American Football has only been around for 40 years and with each year it gets more and more popular. Canada plays, Mexico wants in on it and so does England. BTW there has been talk of adding it to the Olympics. Sorry but I like action and football serves that... Soccer can have a 0 - 0 tie the rest is running around. Boring. To each their own I say. I am not a fan of Baseball or another sport for that matter. I only like football, AMERICAN STYLE. :D

its not even a real sport... masturbation is more demanding then american football (and it takes longer if you do it right).

Hmm, what should I change the topic of this thread to? :rolleyes:

Oh please dont add it to the olympics, its bad enough that real football is in there, not to mention crap like Sync Swimmin and Dressage.

Dressage, how the fk does that tax the rider, can you make your horse ride sideways, well done, now can you do it better than them. Its all down to the fkin horse.

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Hmm, what should I change the topic of this thread to? :rolleyes:

hrmm dunno, US Sports v UK Sports, Lets Argue or something like that

:p :p :p

Originally posted by Benny
its not even a real sport... masturbation is more demanding then american football (and it takes longer if you do it right).

I dont know but I would say you have some serious issues if this is true... comparing masterbation and football, oh yeah either you have some weird homoerotic fantasies or are in need of some well deserved therapy. :D

/me sees this being closed for flaming and soon....

Loki: (From Dogma)
Mass Genocide is the most exhausting activity... next to soccer

/me talks to his arse for some intelligent conversation

Originally posted by Geffy
/me talks to his arse for some intelligent conversation

WTF huh ...
blink.gif
we are talking football.. aint no room for that stuff here :)

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
I dont know but I would say you have some serious issues if this is true... comparing masterbation and football, oh yeah either you have some weird homoerotic fantasies or are in need of some well deserved therapy. :D

Well, first of: homoerotic is an oxymoron (or a paradox?!?!).
now, i wont argue about my need for therapy, but its of topic.
football (American) , is an excellent prison game, thats all i have to say.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back