Sony Viao Function keys missing

R

Raycaster

For the life of me I can't log on to the Sony Viao village help forum so I have to ask here.

I log on to the board and try to post a question and they quickly say I'm not logged in and have to register. I register for the 10th time and get the same message that I am already logged on ..blah, blah.

Anyways, easy question I hope.

I reformatted the sony Vaio FX340 with Xp and would like also to have the function key access for the screen brightness and audio volume. I can't find the software requirres on the Sony site and the email response from them is very slowww..

Any help would be appreciated.

I formatted my VAIO FXA36 not too long ago with a fresh retail copy of XP Pro and I could stuill use the function keys afterward....I thought it might have been something in the motherboard...hmmm

Two points...

1. perhaps a moderator at sony's forum has to authorise your registration and therefore you can log in, yet not post.

2. have you got any CDs lying around from when you bought the vaio? Was WinXP installed on it originally when it was purchased? Perhaps there will be software on a bundled CD which will enable the buttons to be used? I would've thought that some of the buttons will work fine yet certain ones will only work with a driver of sorts (usually bundled with the machine - or downloadable from http://vaio.sony.com (I think thats the URL))

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back