Sony PSP Concept Design

i think it's funny how everyone flame's nintendo. :confused: names like "gaycube" and "kidcube". ok..... and like the X-Box is the most awesome looking thing in the world? everyone saying "oh, games on X-Box look so much better than on Gamecube". if someone hate's gamecube THAT MUCH.... how would they compare that? screenshots?!?! screenshots don't show jack schmidt. People i know have told me that they barely noticed a difference between say X-Box's version of Soul Calibur 2 and Gamecube's version (which by the way was a GREAT game).
And about the latest super mario games for the GBA, the only reason they are doing that is because of people liking classics. At THAT time, did you ever really say to yourself "You know, in a few years i'll be able to play Super Mario Brothers 3 on a device smaller than a cd"..... probably not.

back on topic, i don't really like the PSP either. a) kinda think they should come up with a different name for their system other than "PlayStation" all the time. gettin kinda old and b) can see all the returns of broken PSP's already. :D

*awaits flaming like all the others*

^^ I won't nuke the server by quoting that entire thing, but I have to say: ElementalDragon, I just developed a new respect for you. I commend your post

I was in no way flaming Nintendo in my previous post, in fact I own a GBA SP and recently bought a Gamecube, however, I was just saying that BR's post about 100% originality from Nintendo is not always true...:)

i figured that (the non flaming part... and oh yeah, the GCN thing too, because I have ESP and all that good junk)

anyway, I agree with there being crappy games for Nintendo systems, but as I said, Nintendo and all of its subsidiaries (wrong word for saying 1st party stuff) pretty consistantly make pretty creative games, but of course, there are always exceptions to this too :p

i was actually directing that more towards Vorpal.
All consoles have bad games. The Gamecube has a whole lot of games that are 100% crap.
did you ever really play a lot of the games on Gamecube meaning more than 5 minutes? You're probably one of the people that either looked at the screenshots for The Wind Waker and said it was crap, or played it and thought it was boring cause there wasn't all that much to do in the very beginning of the game. and i'm still wondering how you can say that PSOne had some of the most "original" games. 80% of the games that were for PSOne were the original Playstation remakes. Nintendo knows more about what they are doing than Sony and, in my own opinion, Microsoft console wise. Nintendo takes just about all the games that it knows are successful (such as the Legend of Zelda series, Mario, hell, even Super Smash Brothers went off well for being a first timer on N64) and they make those games better. Nintendo STARTED OFF on cartridges and they made pretty nice and big games on them. they move to mini-DVD's, and they can still probably put more of a game on that than on a full size DVD which PS2 and X-Box uses. X-Box comes out, so far i haven't really heard about a very popular game on that other than Halo, but now that's out for PC, so there's really no need to buy an X-Box for Halo. Nintendo will probably NEVER have one of their games come out for PC, which i am actually very thankful for.

P.S. NerdUprising, thank you. and... you might not wanna quote this one either:D

^^ lol, that was very nice again, ElementalDragon, very nice. This one, I believe, even more so than the first. I bow in your digital presence.

I honestly think there is a social factor to this too - the reason X-Box is 'so' (I use that loosely) popular in US is because of this kid and his friends moms stepdad etc said it was cool, so if you want to be cool - you better get your broke ass out there and buy it, which is why lackluster, sub par games and consoles gain so much popularity, and why there is such a stupid bickering match between different console owners. i dont want this PSP to be a ***** in terms of that - enough turmoil (lol) as it is

Xbox has some really good games other than Halo, you just need to research more ;)

did you ever really play a lot of the games on Gamecube meaning more than 5 minutes?

I could use that same argument for Xbox and PS2...

but i never once said that either X-Box OR PS2 were bad systems, now did i? i just said that in my own opinion, i just don't like them. i have played X-Box because my friend has it, and another friend of mine has a PS2, so yes i have played both of them for a fairly long time, and i just like GameCube better. i just hate how people had a big beef over The Wind Waker because they went to the "cartoonish" cell shading method, when actually cell shading made the game great. helped to increase the gameplay and still had great scenery/cut scenes. (yes, Wind Waker did have it's funny moments) Now look at it. First Zelda has cell shading. everyone's like "eew, that looks awful, i want my OOT back!!!" and now, there is a fair share of cell shaded games coming out. so, when you think about it, Wind Waker basically started a revolution in games. haven't seen anything like that on x-box yet.

Well actually, I'd say that Jet Set Radio Future is responsible for cell shaded games ;)

To each their own.

Jet Grind Radio actually, was out a looooong time before future was released :)

^^ ahh yes, I mentioned the wrong one :p Jet Grind Radio was the one released on Dreamcast...

Yeah, me and a friend had japanese imports the second it was out.. haven't played it (the DC version at least) in english to this day :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back