Sony Cybershot cam

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by mooo, Jan 26, 2006.

1. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

So I have a cybershot cam (i never used it before) and i got a memory stick pro card. I put it into the cam and it says Memory card error. I downloaded sony's memory stick formatter and it gives an error of

"There is a problem with the disk management area of the "Memory Stick PRO". It cannot be formatted with this application. We recommend that you format it with the format function on your "Memory Stick" compatible device.

well, from that i put it into the cam and try to format it with the cam, and it just gives the memory stick error. Any Idea on what I can do with this piece of poo?

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Sounds like a bad memory stick. Try to return or exchange it, or cut your losses and move on :eek:

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Try it in a card reader (if you have one, or know someone with one). If that fails, try and return it/get a replacement.

Also, are you sure that your camera is compatible with the type of Memory Stick you purchased? (Some of the older Sony camera's aren't compatible with the Pro/Pro Duo Sticks.)

4. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

good points, I didn't think of those :eek:

5. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

i am using card reader on laptop :) and I am thinking that too, gonna return it guess and say hell with that camera it was a freebe anyway :p

6. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

its kinda evil but you could allways buy the same card. stick the bad one in the box ane get a refund.

7. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

well they said i could return it if it didn't work :p i might take the cam to the place and have them test first :D