Sony CD-RW 160E and Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by electrolite, Jan 5, 2003.

1. electrolite

electrolite Guest

I'm in desperate need of help with my Sony CD-RW 160E.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows XP, the drive is recognized but disabled. The first few times I booted my computer, it said that the software (Easy CD Creator at the time) needed upgrading and the drive was temporarily. I deleted that program and tried Nero, but it had no effect; regardless of what software I have, the Device Manager shows that the drive is present, but with one of those yellow exclamation circles. It always says the following:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I guess Windows XP needs a specific driver to begin working, because the software isn’t affecting anything. Does anyone have this driver or know where I can find it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Calvin

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Welcome to the forums electrolite. :) Looks like easy cd is the problem but easily fixed. Here ya go>

CD - Rom Error Codes

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

Resolution
    WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
    4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
    6. Quit Registry Editor.
    NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

Hope you sort it out.

3. electrolite

electrolite Guest

I'm in desperate need of help with my Sony CD-RW 160E.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows XP, the drive is recognized, but disabled. The first few times I booted my computer, it said that the software (Easy CD Creator at the time) needed upgrading and the drive was temporarily. I deleted that program and tried Nero, but it had no effect; regardless of what software I have, the Device Manager shows that the drive is present, but with one of those yellow exclamation circles. It always says the following:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I guess Windows XP needs a specific driver to begin working, because the software isn’t affecting anything. Does anyone have this driver or know where I can find it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Calvin

4. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Merged

Welcome :) You only need to post your question once in 1 section, just for future reference :)

5. Hipster Doofus

So are you saying that up there ^^^^^ didn't work? Or did you post the same thing twice & it got merged?

6. Hipster Doofus

Thanx you Jewelzz. :p

7. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Hehe :p

8. electrolite

electrolite Guest

Thank you so much for your help! It works fine now!

And sorry about posting twice!

9. Hipster Doofus

It's working. Great. That's the main thing. :)

10. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

gj HD..

11. electrolite

electrolite Guest

What does that mean?

12. Hipster Doofus

Well I would interpret it this way>

Hipster Doofus you are a hero of extraordinay proportion. You are the one. None come close.

That's my interpretation & I'm sticking with it.
    :p :D :D