Somehow wierd problem [?]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
I've purchased yesterday a new 256 DDR PC333 memory ( Kingston ) . Installed it and all went fine until the next day when I've turned on my pc . System stops before bootscreen but not allways , I mean after some restarts ( & option : Start windows normally or Last known good config ) all runs fine ..

Any ideas ? I've thoght also to install memory in the other "slot" but haven't tried , I've thought to ask first .. Thanks , Cosmin :rolleyes:

I recommend that you remove the stick and see what happens. If it boots fine, then install the stick in another empty slot. If the problem occurs again, then that rules out the original slot being bad. In that case the RAM is probably not working for ya.

I've replaced an 128 SDR with this 256 DDR PC 333 . Something weird cause those from store game me an PC333 even I've told them that my mobo supports 266 . They've said : " no problem , will work , only setup from bios Latency to SP ( speed ) " = done that but happaneds ..

But in windows works splendid [][][]___________________________________________________
1) . So I have only one stick here , cannot replace with another , only thing I can do is to move it to another slot ..
Any suggestions ? :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back