solution to error code 8000ffff and 80240016

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
this is for the windows update and it seems these are a couple of error codes users are having trouble resolving, me being one of them...hopefully the google search will bring those that need the help to this page

when I recieved these error codes this is how I resolved the issue, it might not work for everyone but it will surely work for some

you need to use command prompt in administrator mode to first stop the update service then to restart the update service.

I think this will also work through the services applet which might be simpler but here's what worked for me;

open command prompt as administrator by hitting your windows key+r

in the applet type " cmd " without the quotes of course.

before you hit enter hold down the control and shift button at the same time, this opens cmd as administrator

type " net stop WuAuServ " of course without the quotes,

wait for cmd to tell you the service stopped, then type in " net start WuAuServ " (no quotes).

that did the trick for me and am downloading 7 missed updates, I will report back if any fail and my solution for that if it happens

Re: error code 8000ffff and 80240016 solution

Since you wrote "open command prompt as administrator" I assume this pertains to Vista and not XP.

Re: error code 8000ffff and 80240016 solution

Since you wrote "open command prompt as administrator" I assume this pertains to Vista and not XP.
ya, I don't think that error code is going to come up in xp, it's not advanced enough to have this common error

[/snark]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back