SOF2 trouble...

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by dArK_CyAnIdE, May 8, 2002.

1. dArK_CyAnIdE

dArK_CyAnIdE Guest

i have the real thing not the beta just the real thing and im having lost of trouble getting it started.. it brings me back to desktop with the : ^1ERROR: Couldn't load ambient sound sets from sound/sound.txt.. this is what i get all the time.. wth is that? could it be my drivers... ill try to find an update if there is one..

what else could it be... im getting sick of this shit... got one game started ..b ut loaded from cd.. so i didnt have any textures LOL .. but weird thing is i could change my configs and all res . wth?

i need ur help. plz =) ill give you a copy hehe (sry i cant)

2. dArK_CyAnIdE

dArK_CyAnIdE Guest

i check the complete log and it seems i cant get any sound loaded correctly
    ex: /wood_doorstart
    WARNING: couldn't load wav/mp3: sound/movers/doors/wood_door01/wood_doormove
    WARNING: couldn't load wav/mp3: sound/movers/doors/wood_door01/wood_doorclose
    WARNING: couldn't load wav/mp3: sound/movers/doors/wood_door01/wood_doorstop
    WARNING: couldn't load wav/mp3: sound/player/door_rattle
    WARNING: couldn't load wav/mp3: sound/npc/mullins/pra1/07fine
    WARNING: couldn't load wav/mp3: sound/npc/mullins/pra1/08help
    WARNING: couldn't load wav/mp3: sound/weapons/colt/throw_anim
    WARNING: couldn't load wav/mp3: sound/npc/pra1/nemec/05firepower
    WARNING: couldn't load wav/mp3:

just to name a few...

3. dArK_CyAnIdE

dArK_CyAnIdE Guest

come on its only 5 am in UK .. wake up ppl [wink] [wink] =p .. check yall later gnite... sleep for me cya in 7 hours

4. dArK_CyAnIdE

dArK_CyAnIdE Guest

since theres no reply.. ill just guess you dont know...shame..

5. scuse

scuse Guest

hmmmmmmmmmmmm i idnt know the full version was out yet......but go to our web site, then to forums, then to tweakers corner, and ask Darel. he will know

http://www.numbnutz.net

p.s.
    tell him Dammit sent you

6. dArK_CyAnIdE

dArK_CyAnIdE Guest

euh can you ask him.. i kinda have too many forums going at the moment lol

7. dArK_CyAnIdE

dArK_CyAnIdE Guest

and btw its not out ..officially hehehe

8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

its not finished ... officially

;)

Hence, the forthcoming release of the second multiplayer test, I could continue this by blagging that I have Episdoe 2 on VCD, but then that REALLY is out.

9. dArK_CyAnIdE

dArK_CyAnIdE Guest

ill try reinstalling the damn game.. but my friend has no problem playing it... wonder why my pc does this to me... arggh

10. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

Had a major problem running this game using an athlon xp 1700 cpu the graphics were terrible & this is from a machine that can get over 9000 on 3d mark. But the same game runnning on a P4 1.6 with a 3d mark of a mere 4000 ran smoothly. The game must still have some serious compatibilty issues.

Slow & Steady wins the race

HE HE HE

11. avsdotcom

avsdotcom Guest

And that same XP1700 now runs the game at 1600 x 1200 in 32 bit colout with all details maxed out, and gets a better frame rate than that lowly P4 1.6 :D

12. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

Last i heard it went platinum and is being manufactured. but i havent heard of the retail version out on the net. i think the release date is the 23rd