SOF II Multiplayer Problem

G

Gecko

Try to set up a server so my friend and I can play SOF II head to head. The server runs properly and I can move around in it but my friend cannot see the server I have set up. He has the same problem when he tries to do the same. Any help? :huh:

are you on a LAN or is this over the internet? Do you have a firewall (software OR hardware) and does he have a firewall as well? Are they both LEGAL copies?

SOF server Problem

I have same Problem too ! We both have legit software and have also tried sof2runner, it just sits there "verifying with master server" message. I use Zonealarm pro as firewall, does it make
a difference even if you allow sof2 to act as server in ZA Pro program?

In reply to your message Un4Given1:

1. Its over the Internet
2. I use Xp's built in firew wall/My friend uses no firewall
3. Yes they are both leagal copies

What do you suggest next?

SOF II has two patches that deal with multi-player issues. You must first install 101 then 1_2 to fix problem.

I have all the latest patches and they are up to date, still have problems.

Anything else?

i assume since you have a firewall running, you understand that there are ports which need to be opened in order for the game to function properly.

once you've opened the correct port(s), it should show up on the net and your friend should be able to connect.

in addition, if you're on a cable modem, make sure you're entering your WAN ip for the sof2 server, not your machine's ip.

hope this helps.

Re: SOF server Problem

Originally posted by Ezergeezer
I have same Problem too ! We both have legit software and have also tried sof2runner, it just sits there "verifying with master server" message. I use Zonealarm pro as firewall, does it make
a difference even if you allow sof2 to act as server in ZA Pro program?

I haven't used ZA for a while (using Tiny Personall Firewall) but when I did I have to allow some games to act as servers.. try changing the setting for SoF2 in ZA to allow incoming traffic and it might work.. worth a try if you haven't already..

Well, everyone has good sugestions but it sounds like you all are giving worst case scenerio....

Try to make a server w/out sof2runner from inside sof2. *Make sure you have it set to "Internet Dedicated"* that could be the whole reason your friend isnt able to see the server on the master list. Once sof2 goes to the small server window, open another session of sof2 and go to the master list and find your srever (you may also just go to local and find it). If that doesnt work post back, but from what it sounds like you are setting up the server locally not dedicated to the internet.

Hope that helps!

-Mitch

Mitch529: I tried what you suggested but it didnt work. I could see the server that I had set up when I used the LOCAL, but my friend still could not see the server that I had set up. Anything else I could try, I keep hearing about this sof2runner..Could you tell me what this is and where I could get a version?

do u hav ipx/spx protocol install??
if no, install it.... hope this help lo

Well, if he still cannot see you then I'm not sure whats wrong. You could possibly give him the ip to the server (press esc once your server has launched and got to about) tell him to click add new favorite and type in the server IP.

Here is the link to sof2 runner.SOF2Runner

If you still have problems even after your friend enters the server IP then your setting something up wrong. Leme know

Mitch

PS if u wana look me up in sof2 sometime my name is *KoR*Tw|zTeD and our server is *KoR*Battlegrounds

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back