so ... wtf happened to microsoft office and where's the right place to post this?

I like Office 07. I have Ultimate on my system at work, we bought the multi-machine boxes, and after fiddeling with it all I have left is to upgrade a 97 access database, but it is password protected, and the person who setup the administrative password is no longer with the company.

I am looking into taking some classes for Office, and for some webdesign.

Fitz, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my post :)

I get a discount through my employer and Microsoft allowing me to purchase Office 2007 Enterprise for free + cost of shipping. There is nothing questionable about this and actually pertains to a VALID and LEGAL user license.

Don't be so eager to label everything questionable fitzy. :cool:

I have un-deleted my post and added an addendum.

Yup, I do know how that works.. technically with Software Assurance you get the work at home licenses for free.. technically, you don't even need to pay shipping as you can use the Volume License media and they can provide you a seperate key for the home use versions.

Although, technically, if you ever leave that company, you are bound by the license to uninstall that version since you no longer work for the company and are no longer under that work at home program component.

I think I just was a little too agressive in my cleanup, and the "shipping" word confused my tired little mind.. :p

at least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :) :nervous:

edit: dang.. was going to rep you for pointing out my ineptitude but I must spread it around some. :)

I like Office 07. I have Ultimate on my system at work, we bought the multi-machine boxes, and after fiddeling with it all I have left is to upgrade a 97 access database, but it is password protected, and the person who setup the administrative password is no longer with the company.

I am looking into taking some classes for Office, and for some webdesign.

There are many classes and tutorial type things out there for Office and they are all great. If you really want to know all the tricks and tweaks for it thats exactly what you should do. I love the new office, I have never enjoyed any of them in the past but this one I really like.

i always find that trial and error are the best ways to find how something works

i always find that trial and error are the best ways to find how something works

It's a matter of style ... some folks like to poke around, others like to be guided. Like Bman, I'm a "show me the way" kinda person.

But not right now, not with this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back