so maybe I like chrome better then ie

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
you know me, have always loved my ie, could not switch no matter how many times I tried, I use firefox most to save flash movies but I just like ie better

when I tried chrome it was nice but I couldn't stand having to open a favorites folder every time I felt clickeness overtake me

but just figured out I can put my most visited sites in the favorites bar and this works very niceley

what I am loving is how fast a new tab gets launched, man they take forever in ie

I am having a couple of problems, does anyone have a flash movie downloader for chrome?

also, in my tools bar under the hood, there is no "web content" tab, it's just "content"...in this tab there is no font size option and I really need to increase font size

anyone have any suggestions for flash movie downloaders and increasing font size permanently?

I don't want to increase size every time I go to a new site

What version of Chrome are you using?

I'm using the latest dev build 6.0.644.0 6.0.466.0 and it's under: wrench -> options -> under the hood -> heading of web content / font & language

I don't remember ever running a version that didn't let you change this ... unless some beta version has broken it

Last edited:
What version of Chrome are you using?

I'm using the latest dev build 6.0.644.0 and it's under: wrench -> options -> under the hood -> heading of web content / font & language

I don't remember ever running a version that didn't let you change this ... unless some beta version has broken it
this chrome was loaded with google earth, did not load it myself

tomorrow will check version

my "about" in chrome tells me I am up to date (503799)

here's a screeny

notice, no "web content" just "content", in that tab there is no option for fonts anywhere

Attachments

• web content.JPG
    web content.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 218
Just a FYI, both HP (print drivers at least) and spybot mess IE tabs up. Spybot does this only though, if you install the IE part to monitor IE.

There is no flash downloader for it. I don't care for the use of download managers with it, it redirects you to a blank page when you go to download - That drives me nuts.

There is no flash downloader for it. I don't care for the use of download managers with it, it redirects you to a blank page when you go to download - That drives me nuts.
to bad, that means I'll still be going to firefox when I need some flash content

my "about" in chrome tells me I am up to date (503799)

here's a screeny

notice, no "web content" just "content", in that tab there is no option for fonts anywhere

Thats not the right section. :) That "content" is for privacy, the section you want should be just above the last section, "security".

Thats not the right section. :) That "content" is for privacy, the section you want should be just above the last section, "security".
I can't find anything that says security xie

in options no security tab "under the hood", I go to "basic" none there, I go to "personal stuff" nothing there either

I just installed 5037599 beta to see if it was my version but I can't find web content here either so clearly I am doing something wrong

on the "under the hood" tab ... what do you have between the "downloads" section and the bottom of that tab?

on the "under the hood" tab ... what do you have between the "downloads" section and the bottom of that tab?
there is no downloads option available under my hood

edit

silly me, there is a scroldown bar!!!

thanx xie

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
For all I keep trying firefox, opera and chrome, I keep coming back to IE for some reason. Can't quite pin down why though...

so it's official, chrome has become my favorite browser

everyone knows I've been one of those "ill" folks who just liked ie over everything else, hands down...however chrome has won me over with how fast it loads, (I'm very surprised this loads faster then ie, first browser to do that for me) and how fast it launches new windows.

I also love how it handles my java applets, very fast however a little glitchy, they pop in and out discriminant.

I still use ie for a few sites and firefox for flash movie loading but chrome is now my fav for cruising the intertubes

I been testing it also, I like it. But haven't made it my default browser yet.

Things like no flash video downloader is causing it, and I do not like the download manager in it. There is no open with in it. It is download everything ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back