so fuc*ing tired of political ads....

Political ads are the playthings of the devil. All they do is prove exactly ghow low and sleasy a politican can stoop to get their lieing **** into office so they can collect a fat-arsed paycheck. I'll be glad when they finally remove their sleaze from the airwaves after the election and I can watch tv without being bombarded by their schoolyard antics.

Oh yeah I say vote for Perot. At least we knew he was an ecentric rich coot. j/k :p

muzikool said:
Public speaking skills aren't at the top of my list when it comes to important characteristics of a President...

As for the ads questioning Kerry's war record, what about Kerry questioning Bush's service earlier this year. Is it fair to question Bush's service, then ask him to denounce ads that question Kerry's service? That's a double-standard if you ask me.

It's a huge double-standard, for sure. Kerry brought up the whole issue of his serving and his record to begin with.

I also found Kerry's "Reporting for duty" line to be about the most pathetic thing I've seen when he took the stage at the Democratic National Convention. Yet another reference to his service.

rotjong

There's buttons on your remote control called on and off and for channel changing you know :p

If your sick of it already, well you're in trouble, they are just getting started......hi marge :la:

Amanda people are addicted to TV, I hope they don't have any political adverts on uk living tonight as 'The L-Word' makes it's British debut.

Cypress Hill wrote a song about what to do with your TV when it pee's you off, 'throw your set in the air and flip it around like you just don't care'. Strong words good advice to get rid of those pesky adverts.

Or/ you could video the programmes and set your video not to record adverts then play it back later and you're advert free.

Evil Marge said:
There's buttons on your remote control called on and off and for channel changing you know :p

Yeah, but when you leave the remote 5 feet away, it's too much work to reach over to change the channel.

So instead, people will sit and watch the commercials.. good or bad.

Besides, if we all changed the channel, what would be have to talk about?

More to the point, the sarcastic side of me says if we all changed the channels, what else would the politicitians spend their money on?

--fitz

I never ever leave my remote control where I can't reach it and I haven't sat and watched an ad for years :D
Theres no need,I just flick through the channels or watch BBC News24 till they've gone :cool:

sraycoz said:
i just don't respect bush intelligence... it hink he is a horrible public speaker... i wish clinton was back sure he got head in the white house but hey he was a smart man..
Yea, I wold take Clinton back any day of the week! I wouldn't say he was a strong president, but he damn sure was fun.

"Hey honey!, turn on the news, lets see what good 'ol billy got himself into today!"

I would love to run for office, not because I have any experience, just to screw with the canidents. I would be the first no nonsence, all truth candinant EVER! I would't lie about ANYTHING. Ohhhh crap, I would be sooo screwed though, my non-spelling *** would probley get elected!

Ferral_Imp said:
Political ads are the playthings of the devil. All they do is prove exactly ghow low and sleasy a politican can stoop to get their lieing **** into office so they can collect a fat-arsed paycheck. I'll be glad when they finally remove their sleaze from the airwaves after the election and I can watch tv without being bombarded by their schoolyard antics.

Oh yeah I say vote for Perot. At least we knew he was an ecentric rich coot. j/k :p

The President makes $250,000 a year, I believe. A pro football player who sits on the sidelines all season makes more than the leader of the United States. I don't think that a big paycheck is the motivation behind getting into office.

muzikool said:
The President makes $250,000 a year, I believe. A pro football player who sits on the sidelines all season makes more than the leader of the United States. I don't think that a big paycheck is the motivation behind getting into office.
Thats only $250,000 a year from taxpayers ... thats not talking about kick backs from "special interest" groups and all the books/media/appearences you can do afterwords. You also get secret service for life and are pretty much taken care of till you die. So there really is ALOT of motivation.

not to say the power and the lovely red button you have @ your disposal if you have PMS...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back