SMS Advertisment Errors

Un4gIvEn1

OSNN Veteran Addict
I am not sure if anyone here has any experience with SMS (Systems Management Server) but I will ask anyways.

I will give you a little background as to what I am trying to do and then tell you the problem I am having. We have over 400 computers, over half of which are remote systems. They are all a member of our domain. We use SMS to push updates and installations to PCs. We have recently started pushing out MS Critical updates to the PCs using SMS. It works very well, but when I got to one of the "stores" I got 5 failures with the following message:

--
The program for advertisement "ABC12345" failed ("Package Name" - "Program Type"). A non-zero exit code of 128 was returned.

Possible cause: SMS Advertised Program Manager (APM) determines status for each program it executes. If APM cannot find or correlate any install status Management Information Format (MIF) files for the program, it uses the program's exit code to determine status. A non-zero exit code is considered a failure.
Solution: For more information on the exit code, refer to the documentation for the program you are distributing.
--

The program that I am distributing is a program created by me. I have used it on over 70 machines and not come across this problem until now. I have searched MSKB and found 2 articles relating to this issue, but both were not fixes for my problem. The SMS version is 2.0 with Service Pack 4. All of the clients are running client version 2.00.1493.4009. We are running the Feature Pack with the Security Update Inventory Tool. (more info here: http://www.microsoft.com/smserver/downloads/20/featurepacks/suspack/)

From past posts I have found that not many people on the forum deal with the software I do, and my questions usually go unanswered, but I will ask anyways. I appreciate any help anyone may be able to offer. Thanks everyone!

I have removed my company specific information. This information is irrelevant.

The program for advertisement "ABC12345" failed ("Package Name" - "Program Type")

*BUMP*

Surely there has to be SOMEONE out there who has dealt with SMS. I know I am not the only one.

i think ppl are confusing this thread with text message adverts, i did until i just read it, so mabey a new post with a better subject to get the pro's in ?

(sorry i have no idea what your on about mate)

SMS (Systems Management Server) was around before text messaging was.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back