Smash My PS3

Yep, but they will make mucho money from games.

Bull****. Sony and their gaming department has almost never really made that much money from the games.

The only company that is not a loss leader in the gaming industry is Nintendo. Each and every console they ever made has always brought them income, same with their games. They are the only gaming console company that does not lose money. Hell, they can even get people to buy the same game multiple times. (Zelda :p)

How could sony not make money on games?
The discs cost 10 cents...
The cases cost 7 cents, the only cost is salary for the creators and lets see, if 400k people by a 70 dollar game...
Thats like 28 million dollars in income, so i doubt that it costs 28 million to pay people to make a game.

How could sony not make money on games?
The discs cost 10 cents...
The cases cost 7 cents, the only cost is salary for the creators and lets see, if 400k people by a 70 dollar game...
Thats like 28 million dollars in income, so i doubt that it costs 28 million to pay people to make a game.
R&D costs. Packaging costs. Distribution costs. Advertising costs.

AT least he wasn't dressed as a retro pimp this time.

Bull****. Sony and their gaming department has almost never really made that much money from the games.

The only company that is not a loss leader in the gaming industry is Nintendo. Each and every console they ever made has always brought them income, same with their games. They are the only gaming console company that does not lose money. Hell, they can even get people to buy the same game multiple times. (Zelda :p)

Sony (and Microsoft) have always lost money on hardware, and made back their profits from software. Initially they take a big hit, but as the machines become more popular (110 millon PS2s so far), they make an overall profit from lower hardware costs and increasing software sales.

But, the Xbox was a big money loser for Microsoft, they only made a profit one quarter when Halo 2 came out and had record breaking sales.

However, Microsoft have learned their lessons and are actually making a profit (around $75) per 360 sold now due to lower component costs - so Nintendo isn't the only one making a profit on hardware.

And finally, Sony and Microsoft continue to make people buy the "same game" as well - Final Fantasy, GTA, Metal Gear, Halo, Splinter Cell, DoA, etc.

Last edited:
I got a chuckle from the crybaby at the end. People that smile when they are genuinely angry should be punched in the throat when they do it.

These people make anyone who wants a ps3 look so bad.

Vanq, remember they are paying a bunch of game developers a lot of money to come up with the game. R&D adds up quickly. And these days advertising is all but cheap.

Its 25 million dollars from 1 game...
I doubt developers make more than 200,000 a game.

So I walked into this bar and overheard a conversation....

Person 1: Sony is losing money (insert viable statistics here)

Person 2: Nuh-uh! Mad money, duh!

Person 1: But, you aren't listening!

:p

So I walked into this bar and overheard a conversation....

Person 1: Sony is losing money (insert viable statistics here)

Person 1: But, you aren't listening!

:p

:laugh:

Derek made a funny! How rare :p

Yes, it is quite rare,
However im not sure as to how funny it really is :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back